Y’all Got Cicadas like this?

Hunter/Mason

I’m in Butts Co on Jackson Lake. I’ve had to rake them up in buckets lately. They swarm my shop lights at night. Gave the 1st bucket to our chickens and the 2nd bucket to my buddies chickens. The dogs are eating them till they puke, it’s crazy. Can’t work in the shop at night with the doors open. We’ve got some old gamo break barrel pellet guns and I showed the boys how make a paper pellet put it in where the pellet goes and put some kosher salt down the barrel. It was like a Argentina dove shoot around here. That was hours of entertainment.BC55475F-D08F-4ECA-973F-9EFAD539C75A.jpeg96826A39-0745-44F9-9789-470819AFFC1E.jpeg2B0A8BCE-3200-4EA0-B19B-45FEF84AAE58.jpeg

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I'm not far from you in south Monroe county. I made the mistake of leaving my carport light on and it looked like that the next morning.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I've got a feeling this is why...

ghadarits

Dang that's a bunch of them. I've lived in GA my whole life and have never seen them that thick.

Hunter/Mason

I haven’t either and I haven’t saw them anywhere except my house like this and with our work we get around a lot.

Whitefeather

Management Material
I’m in Butts Co on Jackson Lake. I’ve had to rake them up in buckets lately. They swarm my shop lights at night. Gave the 1st bucket to our chickens and the 2nd bucket to my buddies chickens. The dogs are eating them till they puke, it’s crazy. Can’t work in the shop at night with the doors open. We’ve got some old gamo break barrel pellet guns and I showed the boys how make a paper pellet put it in where the pellet goes and put some kosher salt down the barrel. It was like an Argentina dove shoot around here. That was hours of entertainment.View attachment 1304741View attachment 1304744View attachment 1304742
Not like that this time but, in 2011 they were like that here. We’ve got them this year but nothing like what you have

baddave

You gotta lot, lol. I'm gonna find out if they're good fish bait soon. I've got em but not like that

bilgerat

Senior
Have seen the first one in Buford but they are loud at my property in Monticello

JDBrown

They haven't showed up here in Northwest Georgia, I've been waiting on them, the news had a graphic saying our county was going to one with a heavy "emergence ". I'm waiting.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
They haven't showed up here in Northwest Georgia, I've been waiting on them, the news had a graphic saying our county was going to one with a heavy "emergence ". I'm waiting.
None here yet, either, and they're due this year. I think the soil temp has to get up to 64* before they emerge. We're still getting nighttime temps in the 40s.

Hunter/Mason

They’ve really slowed down here not nearly as loud as they were and not seeing as many. I think they only last a few weeks. The lake is so full of them it’s unreal. Fish probably won’t eat for weeks

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Just about as bad in Troup co . I’ve been turning my chickens out every day . Haven’t had to fill their feeder in the past week

I was down your way mid week. My place is covered up with dead ones. They were still loud and proud too.

JDBrown

None here yet, either, and they're due this year. I think the soil temp has to get up to 64* before they emerge. We're still getting nighttime temps in the 40s.
It's not getting below the 60s here, it will probably be soon