Zebco Fishing Line

Tapeinoo

Zebco line is less than half the price of any other line sold at WalMart, but is it a good value?
It comes in spools of 700 yards for $2.48 a spool.

It takes 85 yards to fill a Zebco 33 with 10# test, so you get 9 reels filled for about 30 cents per fill.

The line seems to be strong and casts for a mile (actually 20-30 yards).
All lines will twist on retrieve (Even when using high dollar, ball bearing terminal gear)
What is your preference?

(Braided line eats up spinning reels, but is a lot more forgiving of the twist factor) and will twist your wallet.

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
I used the south bend line years ago on my crappie rods. It was ok. I strictly use trilene xl in clear for the last 30 yrs or so

menhadenman

Zebco line is less than half the price of any other line sold at WalMart, but is it a good value?
It comes in spools of 700 yards for $2.48 a spool.

It takes 85 yards to fill a Zebco 33 with 10# test, so you get 9 reels filled for about 30 cents per fill.

The line seems to be strong and casts for a mile (actually 20-30 yards).
All lines will twist on retrieve (Even when using high dollar, ball bearing terminal gear)
What is your preference?

(Braided line eats up spinning reels, but is a lot more forgiving of the twist factor) and will twist your wallet.

Thank you in advance for your responses.
Check out the Kast King braid... lasts for years and casts great. Much cheaper than the premier stuff. I use it on about a dozen rods. Alberto knot to 18" of flouro and you're in biz. Don't go too light though, it's like baby hair.

So far as cheap mono, it's just not for me.

https://www.amazon.com/KastKing-Superpower-Braided-Fishing-Line/dp/B01EFQZ9K0/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?crid=3UIHM2EN8B8PO&keywords=braided+fishing+line&qid=1660058065&sprefix=braided+fishing+line,aps,160&sr=8-3-spons&th=1&psc=1

Angel Eyes

I was given a spool of zebco red Cajun line 17#. Always been a Trilene person. Finally tried the zebco on some of my lineside reels. Working as good as anything I ever used.