Zeiss Conquest vs Meopta Meopro

280 Man

Banned
I have a Zeiss Conquest 3.5-10x44 #4 reticle. Scope is great but Im looking at a trade for a Meopro 3.5-10x44 with plex reticle. I simply like plex reticles better. My question is, does anyone have the Meopro in question. Im looking to find some first hand info on the reticle in this scope?

Darkhorse

Have you thought about sending your Conquest to Zeiss to have them install a new reticle?
I wanted a Zeiss scope for decades. Then when I bought a Tikka .308 I bought a Conquest 3X9X40 with what I think is the #20 reticle. The large wires are thicker but the crosshair section remains thin for precise shot placement. When I bought it the reticle was described as being engraved onto the lens.
The scope is extremely bright and crystal clear and can allow accurate shots well after dark. The thick crosshairs aid in early morning and late afternoon shots.
I wouldn't replace my Zeiss for a Meopta if there was a way to swap out the reticle. I like Meopta scopes too but I would buy one in addition to the Zeiss.

lonewolf247

I have that exact Meopro scope. I had it in a box close to 3 years, and just mounted it this past hunting season. I have to say, I was just telling someone a couple weeks back, I think this is one of my favorite reticles of all the scopes I own.

I have other Meopro scopes with plex reticles, but this one has a little heavier post, but has fine cross hairs in center. No complaints here, I like it.

I would say the quality of the scopes are practically one in the same, but slightly different reticles.

280 Man

Banned
Have you thought about sending your Conquest to Zeiss to have them install a new reticle?
I wanted a Zeiss scope for decades. Then when I bought a Tikka .308 I bought a Conquest 3X9X40 with what I think is the #20 reticle. The large wires are thicker but the crosshair section remains thin for precise shot placement. When I bought it the reticle was described as being engraved onto the lens.
The scope is extremely bright and crystal clear and can allow accurate shots well after dark. The thick crosshairs aid in early morning and late afternoon shots.
I wouldn't replace my Zeiss for a Meopta if there was a way to swap out the reticle. I like Meopta scopes too but I would buy one in addition to the Zeiss.

I emailed Zeiss and they do not retrofit reticles.

Jester896

Senior Clown
That is good to know....I sure would like a different one in mine than their standard duplex.