Oldest artfacts so far

QSVC

The best part of that podcast for me is the vast astronomical and terrestrial mathematical and geometric knowledge built into the great pyramid.
It actually, among other things, has embedded in it the dimensions of our planet. If you measure the base perimeter (in cubits) of the Great Pyramid and multiply it by 43,200 and you get the approximate circumference of the earth in those same units. If you take the height of the Great Pyramid multiply that by 43,200 and you get the polar radius of the Earth.

The significance of 43,200 is it's a number that is found embedded in mythology all around the world and it is a multiple of the number 72; 72 is the heartbeat of the processional cycle of the equinoxes (the earth wobbling on its axis) which amounts to one degree of change every 72 years so what they've actually done is given us the dimensions of our planet on a scale defined by the motion of the planet itself and done so via one of the most enduring structures ever built by human beings. Pretty smart way to pass information down through the ages to the next astronomically literate civilization.

This is readily agreed to by mainstream science because it's basically just math and they can't just mumble it away however it's written off as coincidence. That's a heck of a coincidence.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I think the Old Ones knew a lot more than we give them credit for. And traveled a lot wider, too.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Scott Silsby once showed me an almost classic Solutrean laurel leaf point that was dredged up off the coast of Virginia by a fishing net or some such (in an area that would have been dry land during the Pleistocene.) It was made from high-grade Pennsylvania rhyolite.

The Late Dr, Kenny Waldrop showed me a classic Laurel Leaf he found in the Muckalee Creek here in Lee County. It was about 11 inches long and of a blue gray material I haven`t ever seen before and definitely not from around here. That blade was a beauty with exceptional workmanship. I`ve seen some magnificent Paleo artifacts, but never anything like this. I was a nervous wreck just holding it.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I think the Old Ones knew a lot more than we give them credit for. And traveled a lot wider, too.
I haven't done the vast research to back up a credible argument but, I am convinced that many different types of people visited and possibly colonized this country before the current theories say they did. Men of ancient times were absolutely as smart as we think we are. In the world they lived in, infinitely smarter.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
The Late Dr, Kenny Waldrop showed me a classic Laurel Leaf he found in the Muckalee Creek here in Lee County. It was about 11 inches long and of a blue gray material I haven`t ever seen before and definitely not from around here. That blade was a beauty with exceptional workmanship. I`ve seen some magnificent Paleo artifacts, but never anything like this. I was a nervous wreck just holding it.
You are privileged to have seen to such objects, cherish those memories.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
You are privileged to have seen to such objects, cherish those memories.

I do, Ken, I sincerely do. I`ve been fortunate to see a couple of collections that will never see the light of day. Artifacts and numbers of them that would astound anybody. Things that are local to the area.

South Georgia and north Florida have some projectile points and blades that will rival anything from Texas, Pacific northwest, and the Hopewell Complex.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Concerning the Clovis People and their artifacts. This is the only point type that has been found in 49 states, Mexico, and Canada. And there have been more found and documented in Alabama, than all the other states.

Duff

Concerning the Clovis People and their artifacts. This is the only point type that has been found in 49 states, Mexico, and Canada. And there have been more found and documented in Alabama, than all the other states.

Had no idea.

My first thought is the “Clovis” period was a much longer span than most experts think? Predated?

Loving this thread

Duff

Inspires me to do some research

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
This thread is astounding and without a doubt the best thread I’ve ever read here. Thank you gentlemen for sharing your knowledge. This needs to be a sticky.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Here is a Clovis compared to a point that is possibly 3 thousand years older. View attachment 981748

The blade on the right favors the "Sandia" point that Frank Hibben had dealings with back in the 1940s. I haven`t done a lot of research on it, other than reading his book, The Lost Americans, written during that time. In it he explains that the Sandia points predate Clovis, and that he found evidence of this when he excavated Sandia Cave in New Mexico. It now appears that this was all an elaborate hoax.

trad bow

I don’t know as much as I should about this subject and this continents history to do anything but read y’all’s information and comments. I do however never believed the Clovis were first.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I wish we could find out more about the Kennewick Man. That was interesting until it got hushed up.
The Repatriation Act was abused greatly in that case.

trad bow

Just finished reading up on the Kennewick Man. Fascinating but it goes to show why the Corps can’t be trusted with any thing.

trad bow

National Geographic has been showing a documentary on Central American cultures. Technology has revealed thousands of structures, water systems, roads and pyramids larger than the ones in Egypt buried beneath the jungle. These people had the technical knowledge that the builders of the great Pyramid had but were separated by an ocean. One thing I can say about those cultures is their knowledge greatly surpasses most of us. I love archaeology and watch those shows.

Bigga Trust

Oh no. Pack up the bones and end discussion, study and debate!

Reporter Jack Hitt wrote in 2005 that "racial preferences color" the controversy about the genetic origin and ancestry of Kennewick Man.[53] James Chatters, the first anthropologist to examine the skull of Kennewick man, said that it lacked the "definitive characteristics of the classic Mongoloid stock to which modern Native Americans belong", adding that many of the characteristics of the skull "are definitive of modern-day Caucasoid peoples".[54] In 1998, Chatters reconstructed the facial features of the skull. Observers said that Kennewick Man resembled British actor Patrick Stewart

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Oh no. Pack up the bones and end discussion, study and debate!

Reporter Jack Hitt wrote in 2005 that "racial preferences color" the controversy about the genetic origin and ancestry of Kennewick Man.[53] James Chatters, the first anthropologist to examine the skull of Kennewick man, said that it lacked the "definitive characteristics of the classic Mongoloid stock to which modern Native Americans belong", adding that many of the characteristics of the skull "are definitive of modern-day Caucasoid peoples".[54] In 1998, Chatters reconstructed the facial features of the skull. Observers said that Kennewick Man resembled British actor Patrick Stewart

I`m getting forgetful in my old age, but it seems I read somewhere that Kennewick Man had a lancelate point lodged into his hipbone or somewhere in that general area?