Oldest artfacts so far

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I`m getting forgetful in my old age, but it seems I read somewhere that Kennewick Man had a lancelate point lodged into his hipbone or somewhere in that general area?
He did.

Jimmypop

From what little I have read on the subject of the peopling of america I have resolved my thinking to this. There probably or may have been several Roanoke's but the Clovis guys were the Jamestown folks. I am probably wrong but we're dealing with a lot of guesswork anyway.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
If the Vikings could float across the Atlantic in 1000 AD in a wooden boat, anybody else could too. A civilization like the Egyptians who figured out how to build the pyramids could certainly figure out how to build a seaworthy ship. Ditto with the builders of Stonehenge, the Phoenicians, the Chinese, the Arabs, and any number of other cultures. As someone else mentioned earlier, they are finding that the Amazon Basin was once full of civilization. And there's that pesky detail of South American cocaine found in Egyptian mummies. And the stone heads with African features down there in SA.

Bigga Trust

In 1998, The New York Times reported "White supremacist groups are among those who used Kennewick Man to claim that Caucasians came to America well before Native Americans." Additionally, Asatru Folk Assembly, a neo-völkisch organization, sued to have the bones genetically tested before it was adjudicated that Kennewick Man was an ancestor of present-day Native Americans.

Who knows if the NY Times made this up. They are not the always truthful in their reporting and at times make things up. I was born and raised in South Alabama and have lived in Georgia for 25 year and never have met a "White Supremacist".

I suspect this is what drives them(left leaning academia/scientist) to withhold evidence, examination & study.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the first (I believe) Joe Rogan podcast with the 2 of them.

If you can listen to that and not be intrigued at least I don't know what to do for you.
Finally got a chance to listen to it. Never heard both of them together before. Yes, they bring up some very intriguing stuff. I don't think stuff like that should be immediately discounted by the scientific community as it usually is. I think we don't know nearly as much as we think we do.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I never believed the scientific and archeological community because they always had tunnel vision. If someone had an opinion different than them and had the proof to back it up they would deny it.
I would like someone to study all the native nation’s stories on their history and compare them to each other.

The oldest human remains in the Americas all contain the same DNA as modern native Americans. Archeological finds are fascinating, but the proof is in our cells. Is there even one case of human remains in the Americas where the origins are in dispute? I would be fascinated to learn about them. Kennewick Man and the girl from the blue hole in south America are the oldest I'm aware of from around 15 thousand years ago and they have been proven to be of current native American haplotype.

Last edited:

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
The oldest human remains in the Americas all contain the same DNA as modern native Americans. Archeological finds are fascinating, but the proof is in our cells. Is there even one case of human remains in the Americas where the origins are in dispute? I would be fascinated to learn about them.

Read up on the Kennewick Man.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
I will. I I belive visitors from the world over are likely. I just think we have the tools to find the physical evidence now. Maybe we will one day soon.

Lot of mysteries out there I`d like to know the answers too. Why was a coin from the Roman Empire found in one of the major indian mounds? Can`t remember which one but I don`t think it was the Hopewell.

Modern haplotype testing has already changed our understanding of human migration. The aboriginal people of the islands of Sumatra, Japan, and Australia left Africa in a much earlier wave than people had thought. A pre ice age civilization could have certainly been erased in the Americas before 15,000 years ago.

As far as trade goes, the Bay of Jars in Brazil is proof a Roman ship made it to south America. People say it could have been blown off course or lost at sea, but that is just elitist.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
There was a Chinese junk found buried in a swamp in coastal NC.

Philhutch80

Banned
This thread just keeps blowing my mind. Here is part one of a four part series Randall did on the people that were here prior to European people's arrival. What he makes many interesting points on is of the mound work here in both Georgia and Alabama but also up in Ohio.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Just fascinating info to me.