Ammo Prices on GON Classified

Ajohnson0587

Better to have and not need, then to need and not have... We went through this over a decade ago, if you didn't prepare, you cant knock those that are looking to capitalize off of it. Do I agree or support those that are price gouging? NO! But its America and this country was built on capitalism. Buy enough for your needs and move on, or don't. As a competitive shooter I shoot close to 35k rounds a yr, I was preparing for this issue 2yrs ago. I knew the election was coming in 2yrs and I started buying extra components every month to prepare. If the Dems won I'd have what I needed to get by for several years, if they lost id have extra components for a rainy day. I think we could all learn from this situation, it just depends on the individual and there ammo/gun situation.

snuffy

Now I can't sign in again.

Really didn't need the ammo anyway.

Nimrod71

New and old gun owners are driving the market. The only way to get prices down is to Stop Buying the product. The manufactures are making ammo and components. The problem is with all the new gun owners, millions, and all the current gun owners, more millions, buying like sharks in a feeding frenzy the manufactures don't have the capacity to manufacture ammo fast enough to supply the demand. So what's driving this buying frenzy? People are scared and afraid of what is happening in this country. Between the virus and the political troubles, riots, defund the police, the election, destruction of property, mass shootings, people out of work, businesses closings and having to stay home, this is a scary time. Our society is getting out of control, like a scared dog, the more you try to catch it the faster it runs. The problem is when you catch it, he will bite you. We have got to get things back under control. Every one needs to stop buying and the ammo will come back, both on the shelves and cheaper prices.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Every one needs to stop buying and the ammo will come back, both on the shelves and cheaper prices.

that sure beats riding around the countryside burning fuel...even if it is cheaper...looking for ammo at a reasonable price...even when you don't need it...then when you don't find it at a price you are willing to pay...screaming GOUGERS:banginghe

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Went to the local hunting/fishing store to find ammo, none. Walked out with a new 590M. Within an hour of getting home, store owner called me wanting to buy back.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
If you don't like the price, don't buy the stuff.
How can that be so difficult to understand.
That's exactly it. That is my choice. I am not going to support the guy who goes to a big-box store and buys all their ammo every morning, then sells it for 5x what he paid. I refuse to participate in the continuation of that crazy cycle. When you see idiots at a gun show paying $100 for a brick of 500 .22 shells, that guy isn't going to stop cleaning out Academy and reselling it at the gun show until the idiots stop paying $100 a brick for it.

Laws against price gouging during times of disaster, the way you boys describe the current administration and attack on gun owners one might be inclined to believe this is a disaster.

killerv

Think about all the young kids that got 22 rifles for xmas and can't shoot the dang things because they parents dont' want to 100 bucks for a brick of 22, which I understand, or they work and can't be in the line at academy monday mornings in hopes some may be available... Or can only pickup 2 50rd boxes if they are lucky, spend 10 minutes shooting them up and have to wait until they luck up on some more a month down the road.

I'm starting to see a lot of new ammo for kids and veterans posts, trying to pull on heart strings...probably 1 in 10 are legit.

I actually gave a friend of my sons a brick of 22 the other day, and still let him shoot some of mine while we were out.

nmurph

Think about all the young kids that got 22 rifles for xmas and can't shoot the dang things because they parents dont' want to 100 bucks for a brick of 22, which I understand, or they work and can't be in the line at academy monday mornings in hopes some may be available... Or can only pickup 2 50rd boxes if they are lucky, spend 10 minutes shooting them up and have to wait until they luck up on some more a month down the road.

I'm starting to see a lot of new ammo for kids and veterans posts, trying to pull on heart strings...probably 1 in 10 are legit.

I actually gave a friend of my sons a brick of 22 the other day, and still let him shoot some of mine while we were out.

If YOU KNOW OF A KID needing .22 let me know.

bighonkinjeep

There used to be a sign in a barbecue joint I frequented.
It said:
I hold no grudge against others who sell for less,
They know what their stuff is worth.

That's always made perfect sense to me and seems applicable.

Guess it's true. There is a sucker born every minute.

killerv

There used to be a sign in a barbecue joint I frequented.
It said:
I hold no grudge against others who sell for less,
They know what their stuff is worth.

That's always made perfect sense to me and seems applicable.

dont see how that is applicable

they are saying their bbq is better than the others, just the price

a box of cci standard is a box of cci standard, no matter the gun shop/bbq joint.

Wow. Few just posted up are flat out INSANE!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The ammo deal right now is exactly the same is what went on with toilet paper earlier in the year. Everybody is afraid that there isn't any ammo. So, somebody who has 100,000 rounds of 9mm in his closet that will never be loaded into a pistol still buys the five boxes he sees on the shelf every time he sees it.

killerv

The ammo deal right now is exactly the same is what went on with toilet paper earlier in the year. Everybody is afraid that there isn't any ammo. So, somebody who has 100,000 rounds of 9mm in his closet that will never be loaded into a pistol still buys the five boxes he sees on the shelf every time he sees it.

i don't know, we've put quite a dent in our toilet paper stash.

Toilet Paper price stayed the same around here.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
That's your fellow outdoorsman standing in line at Academy so they can make a few bucks price gouging their brothers.

Retailers should just increase their prices until demand slacks off. The shelves would fill back up. Why let the gougers make the money?

Look at OSB. A 4x8x7/16 sheet went from $6.95 to $30. The shelves at Home Depot are full of OSB.

From what I’m seeing, retailers are getting in on the fun too.