What just stung me?

oldfella1962

Wow, that was random! I was turning off my outdoor faucet with the hose attached and POW! :cry: Fire was shooting into my left upper arm! I think I saw a black insect about an inch long flying around the bushes next to the faucet. Was it a hornet? A wasp? It didn't leave a stinger and my arm isn't swelled up, I just have a pink circle about three inches in diameter with a tiny red dot in the middle. I beat feet inside, so I didn't stick around to see if there were more of them. The intense pain went away in about five minutes, but it still burns a little. I took a couple of Tylenol already. Any thoughts on what it could have been?

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
Sound like what I experienced when a wasp popped me. This was a red wasp.

bany

Wasp

oldfella1962

I tried researching "Georgia insects that sting you" and I had no idea there were that many species!

oldfella1962

Did you put any backker on it?

I don't have any idea of how to do that. I don't smoke or chew tobacco or anything like that. I just popped a couple of Tylenol, but I don't know if that really helped because there was no swelling or inflammation to begin with. I'm glad I'm not one those "anaphalactic shock" people that's for sure.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Vinegar and baking soda will work, make a paste and soak it.

If that don't work, ammonia bite pens or straight ammonia on a cloth (drawing agent)

Meat tenderizer, just make a paste

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Sounds like a mud dobber wasp

Redbow

If you have a hose hanger, check underneath that. I had some wasps build a nest on the underside of my hose hanger once.

That happened to me also and they got me bad one morning when I went to use my water hose.

Mars

I don't do well with stings. I swell up and stay swole till I can get a steroid shot. This was from a wasp living under the rung of my ladder. Guess which rung I grabbed when I needed it...part-0_20180607_144005.jpg

oldfella1962

I don't do well with stings. I swell up and stay swole till I can get a steroid shot. This was from a wasp living under the rung of my ladder. Guess which rung I grabbed when I needed it...View attachment 1163834
It looks like inflating a surgical glove! :(

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Okay I understood none of that. A packsaddle? :confused:
A green and brown caterpillar that hides on the bottom side of leaves and will light you up like 220 volts with just a touch.