Tennessee vs Georgia predictions/ discussion

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

weagle

I honestly could see it going either way and if one team has a couple of turnovers, it could get lopsided.

The home crowd was a big factor when tenn beat bama, and that will be in the dogs favor this weekend.

I think Tenn gets up a couple of scores and Kirby sees it slipping away after half time and brings in Carson Beck. Then it turns into a shootout and Tenn gets the win, based on the fact I think Heupel is a better game day coach than Kirby. Kirby doesn't seem to grasp that Brock Bowers is an elite player and he needs the ball 10-12 times a game minimum.

Tenn +9 seems like a really good bet since I think they win outright.

ddavis1120

I think it boils down to who can protect their QB. If Hooker gets comfortable and stays comfortable it is going to be a long night for the Dawgs. Likewise if Bennett gets the hot hand, it could get out of hand.

UT offensive line has done an awesome job of protecting Hooker so far. Let's just hope Boom and Schumann can dial up some packages that get home.

kingfish

Nothing in the world can match up to HUGE game experience, and UGA has a bunch of that. I could see the Vols hitting a big play or two early and the Dawgs not folding. I can see the Vols starting to panic because they can't put UGA away and they start to press. One or two big turnovers against the Vols and the Dawgs pull away. I see a close and exciting game but that 42-30 range of points, Dawgs on top.

BuckNasty83

I think it boils down to who can protect their QB. If Hooker gets comfortable and stays comfortable it is going to be a long night for the Dawgs. Likewise if Bennett gets the hot hand, it could get out of hand.

UT offensive line has done an awesome job of protecting Hooker so far. Let's just hope Boom and Schumann can dial up some packages that get home.
This is where the game hinges. UGA is not getting to the QB this year. They are ranked 120 and that's against a really weak schedule. Tennessee is not the highest ranked at 33, but they will pressure Stetson all night.

One thing I don't like about this team and us playing on the road is that we are a highly penalized team and UGA shows to be very disciplined. We can't get behind the chains and beat ourself on the road.

No one has been able to stop this offense. The few times it's performed poorly, it was usually self inflicted. So I'm interested to see what Kirby dials up. But as mentioned, based off stats, I don't see y'all getting the pressure you'd want on Hooker. Y'all have a good pass D on paper, but so did Bama, Ky, and LSU, then we went out sliced them up.

The question is, can GA keep up in a shootout? I think everyone is expecting a Bama vs UT type game.

Tight Lines

Either team could take it the way they have played this year. Both have had ups and downs. I think this one boils down to discipline and mistakes. If either team has significant penalties or turnovers, I think that shifts the momentum of the outcome. All things being equal, I think the Dawgs take it in Athens by two scores...I think they win and cover...the spread is currently 8.5 and 64.5 total...so I predict the Dawgs by 11, 42-31...

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Nothing in the world can match up to HUGE game experience, and UGA has a bunch of that. I could see the Vols hitting a big play or two early and the Dawgs not folding. I can see the Vols starting to panic because they can't put UGA away and they start to press. One or two big turnovers against the Vols and the Dawgs pull away. I see a close and exciting game but that 42-30 range of points, Dawgs on top.
Bama would disagree with this assessment.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Tennessee is not favored to win this game for a reason.

bass4fun

Vol here. I believe this game can go either way.
UGA - Best O they've defended this season
TN - Best D they've faced this season.

UGA has great players up and down. The talent nod goes to the dawgs. TN is really good against the run, but I predict GA's RB's will eat up some yards. GA's two TE's make me very nervous!

The key will be the typical maxims of close games. Play clean. Avoid the stupid penalties that put you behind the sticks, or give the team a first down when you would've stopped them. Flip the field. Kick the points when it's available. And hope the ball bounces in your favor a time or two.

This game will be entertaining. Both are confident and playing well. There will be some laying the wood on both sides! It's very fun to think we get this "super bowl" type of game before the play-offs. My hopes are for a close game and the best team take the W. Most important, that none of these young men get hurt with season ending injuries.

MudDucker

Staff member
I honestly could see it going either way and if one team has a couple of turnovers, it could get lopsided.

The home crowd was a big factor when tenn beat bama, and that will be in the dogs favor this weekend.

I think Tenn gets up a couple of scores and Kirby sees it slipping away after half time and brings in Carson Beck. Then it turns into a shootout and Tenn gets the win, based on the fact I think Heupel is a better game day coach than Kirby. Kirby doesn't seem to grasp that Brock Bowers is an elite player and he needs the ball 10-12 times a game minimum.

Tenn +9 seems like a really good bet since I think they win outright.

You need to go coach your team (they have another vacancy), because what you said above is a loser. Beck hasn't been in a game like this before, but Stetson has. If they threw the ball more to Brock, he would be double covered all the time. You got to keep the defense honest by spreading the ball around and Stetson has done a good job at that. Stetson is cool enough in the pocket to pick out what they give him. He made two bad throws Saturday and a lot of good ones that were dropped.

Bet your money on Tenn and weep Saturday.

Resica

Man, this is difficult, just like all the games we pick in the pool. Tennessee has been off the charts recently but Georgia has a great team and is at home. I have no idea yet, but I'll pick one before too long.

i

TJay

The 'Dawgs are notoriously slow starters. If the Vols can hang a couple of td's on 'em early it might make for a long afternoon for GA fans. Hope not, but there is is.

bullgator

Y’all stop bumpin your gums and get an avatar bet going. You’re not a bunch of paid prognosticators.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Y’all stop bumpin your gums and get an avatar bet going. You’re not a bunch of paid prognosticators.
Don’t hold back BG! :rofl: