Let's see your trad kill photo's please.

FX Jenkins

very inspiring thread...

Just BB

Al that happens to be my best ever group at 20 yards and the group after that...I would have had to have had a wide angle lense! :bounce:

ChrisSpikes

Al,
Details on this one are a little cloudy but I do remember a few. This was on Opening Day in '99. It was the first time I was really afraid that I was going to get rained out for opening morning (still never had that happen). I'm sure some of you can remember that this was the year we had a hurricane (I forget the name) roll up in the Gulf a few days before the season. Seems like we may have had two do that within one week? I can't remember. Anyway, lots of wind and a good bit of rain. I think on Thursday, while scouting after a strong wind, I noticed that a good number of the swamp chestnuts had been blown out, some still attached to their broken limbs. And the deer were hitting them hard! I wouldn't have thought they would eat them because they were at least a month premature, but obviously they didn't care. :type:
So anyway, I climb my stand on opening morning 'neath a big swamp chestnut. My father was in a tree about 10 yards away with a video camera. Not too long after good daylight, I notice movement and sure enough, here comes a group of 3 does making a beeline for the acorns. The lead doe gives me a good broadside shot at about 12 yards, I hit anchor, release, and watch my arrow sail right over her back. All three deer spook back in the direction they came from, but stop out about 30 yards away. They mill around for about 5 minutes and finally, they can stand it no longer. Here they come again! I get ready and the same doe gives me another broadside shot about 5 feet from where she was standing on the first shot. This time, I get the job done, but still hit her high in the spine.

I have always had a tendency to shoot high (when shooting from a tree) with a trad bow. I have to constantly remind myself to pick a spot low in the chest.

robert carter

here are some doubles I`ve taken in the past
ossabawbucks.jpg

robert carter

those first two were Ossabaw bucks from last year with a 48lb longbow three minutes apart.here is tw horsecreek porkers from several years ago

twolistedpigs.jpg

Last edited:

Just BB

Dang Robert, Are you nockin 2 arrows and flingin both of them at the same time? Good shootin Mr. Rob

ccbunn

After 5 years of traditional hunting and a few misses on deer I finally got my first kill this past Spring. My son Matt called this bird to within 12 yards. Even I can hit a target at that distance.
52",45# Browning Nomad Stalker, 2016 GG 2, 175gr WW from a Double Bull Matrix blind.

100_2995.jpg

100_2997.jpg

biggtruxx

never used a trad but i am getting very interested :)

bam_bam

hey rob, that flat tub is a nice place huh? i heard it used to be a jam up club, also nice kills.

robert carter

Bam Bam , it was nice until they opened up gun season for the whole season instead of managed hunts. It has a lot of pressure now. It is a beautiful place. Some fine white oak ridges on it.RC

Al33

Great hero pic's guys!!!!!

Now then, we need some fresh blood. Hopefully and with a lot of luck I will have something to post by weeks end.

robert carter

gobbler10, good pics . I gotta get me a bear. I`ve done told the wife I`m gonna set aside 2 whole weeks for bear hunting next year in the mountions.RC

robert carter

Here is a buck I killed on my buddy keith bruners place. That would be him on the left and John Pardue on the right. thats me in the middle the purty one.RC

friends.jpg