2021 Oglethorpe County

Triple C

Looks like a great spot to ride it out there, TC. I don't have grandkids yet, but I'd imagine they're a strong draw...kinda like reliving the child rearing years without some of the responsibilities and stress I suppose. I spent a good bit of time around Watkinsville in the early-mid 90's. I'm sure I wouldn't recognize it today. How many acres is the Oconee place? I can picture some nice sunsets poolside or soaking in the jacuzzi. Outstanding(y)
jbird - Grandkids are game-changers! All the joys of kids without the responsibility. Hope to be grillin' n cookin' several times a week for the crew like we did at the farm for so many years. I bought the property in Jan 2019 - 56 acres. Gotta a nice pond with bream n bass on it and a cool old log cabin that we relocated toward the back of the field. Broke ground on Jan 8th of last year and hope to finally be done by end of February. Grandkids already said they're getting off the bus at Poppy n Meme's when we move in.

We all tend to live in the "bubble" of what we think life will be like in our next chapter. When I decide to retire, I kinda envision puttering around on the Triple C several days a week continuing to improve habitat and such as it will only be a 30 minute drive from the new place. And if I'm cramping the wife's style by being around too much I can always stay a day or 2 a week at the farm. Best of both worlds!

jbird1

jbird - Grandkids are game-changers! All the joys of kids without the responsibility. Hope to be grillin' n cookin' several times a week for the crew like we did at the farm for so many years. I bought the property in Jan 2019 - 56 acres. Gotta a nice pond with bream n bass on it and a cool old log cabin that we relocated toward the back of the field. Broke ground on Jan 8th of last year and hope to finally be done by end of February. Grandkids already said they're getting off the bus at Poppy n Meme's when we move in.

We all tend to live in the "bubble" of what we think life will be like in our next chapter. When I decide to retire, I kinda envision puttering around on the Triple C several days a week continuing to improve habitat and such as it will only be a 30 minute drive from the new place. And if I'm cramping the wife's style by being around too much I can always stay a day or 2 a week at the farm. Best of both worlds!

Get off the bus??...man, that is close! Sounds like an ideal setup to enjoy the bonus round...happy for you!

Arrow3

Sorry about the tire Todd but at least you got to Peachow !! :D

Arrow3

Any of you guys scouting for turkeys ? I think I spend more time walking and setting cameras up for turkeys then I do deer.

Triple C

Those suckers have become as rare as trying to find deer in 1969 on our place. Really odd. 6 years ago they were thick as fleas during deer season. Not so much any more.

Buford_Dawg

Not really scouting Brandon, they either there or they not. One of my clubs is about to get cut, so imagine that will run what birds are there off the property, another club has like 10 die hard turkey hunters and the other has a few birds, just small property so if they there, you sorta know where. I can't wait for it to start, just to get back in the woods. I'm like AC, there used to be tons of birds in OC, they have slowly got in low numbers IMO. I don't know why.

transfixer

Haven't been to OC since Dec, but we've got a decent population of them on our property, I've seen as many as 17 hens or jakes in a group, and 6 or 7 toms together, they seem to roost on a regular basis in one of our prime deer areas.