Air fryers..any opinions/advice?

Gator89

Yes, great for preparing frozen fries, tot, onion ring, etc. without "greasing" your kitchen up. I have cooked sausage patties in ours that turned out great. Cooks good bacon too, but does not hold enough slices in one cooking.

You can "fry" veggies such as asparagus, too.

Mars

We cook all kinds of things in ours and use it 3 or 4 times a week. We do bacon and sausage alot in ours because it doesn't smell up the house or get grease all over the stove. It's our preferred method of cooking those Mary ** frozen biscuits.

My in laws gave us a Paula Deen one and it's pretty big. It takes up alot of room in the pantry but I like it's capacity when cooking. I think you would be happy with it if you get one.

Hamburg steak and taters all cooked in the airfryer.

Attach58956_20210425_182644.jpg

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Someone gave us one as a thank you. My only complaint is the size. Hard to cook several items so the first one comes out and sits while a second is cooking.

Get the biggest you can get!

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
I tried to fry fish in one a couple of times and it just doesn't work. They do work great for all the other things mentioned above, but freshly breaded raw fish or meat has not turned out good for me.

Fletch_W

Banned
I have a cheaper version, not the Ninja. It does wings really well. We'll also use it for fries/tots as the other fella mentioned.

Also capacity is an issue, as others mentioned.

I have done crappie in it, it is edible, but fried in peanut oil is still better.

Also be advised it's not oil-less... if you put something in there without a little spritz of oil (depending on what you are cooking), it comes out dry like it was jerkied out in the desert. French fries for instance.

specialk

They are putting air fryers in blackstone griddles now....i seem some added in to stoves at hime depot also...

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Wife bought a small capacity $40 Wmart one and we really liked, so I researched a bigger one and bought the Big Boss 16qt self cleaning air fryer. It's big and heavy, takes up space in our small kitchen. Bout wore the paint off of it when we bought it. To be honest, we very seldom use for just the 2 of us. Claims you can cook a 16lb turkey in it.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Here’s some wings from the other night right before I sauced em. If you didn’t know, you would think they were fried
The best wings I've ever eaten were air fried. I don't own one, but keep thinking of getting one, just for wings and taters.

Kdog

Wife wanted one, we got the Corsica 5.8 QT and have used it several times. We have made hamburgers, fries, veggies, etc... in it and been happy with it, but really don't use it as often as we should. I do like it better than the instapot my wife had to have several years ago. Think she used it twice. :rolleyes:

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Wife wanted one, we got the Corsica 5.8 QT and have used it several times. We have made hamburgers, fries, veggies, etc... in it and been happy with it, but really don't use it as often as we should. I do like it better than the instapot my wife had to have several years ago. Think she used it twice. :rolleyes:

Best thing about a Instapot, it can cook green peanuts in half the time, other than that it stays hidden .

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
InstaPot gets used a bunch here, roasts, stews, beans, soups. Thinking about an air fryer, hoping it’s just as productive.

Gator89

Wife got me an I-pot for Christmas a couple of years ago, I think it is still in the box.