Anybody getting plans made for midwest hunts?

South Man

I am getting two hunts lined up and wondering if anyone else has the fever this early?

shdw633

Pondering my direction for this year as well!

Same here, I can plan on going on public land in Illinois as usual but would rather find a lease somewhere up there this year...I'm getting tired of having to drag deer out of the woods and would rather drive up to them at my age.

kayaksteve

I have no plans again this year. But I may try to slip in a blind trip somewhere for a few days if I take a notion and the stars align. I’ll be thinking of destinations and strategies just in case the opportunity was to present itself

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
I don't know much about deer hunting, so I'll hang around here in SW Georgia. And I don't like traveling much anymore. Plus, we have plenty free pork in these parts.

Attachments

• anicesow.jpg
    anicesow.jpg
    389 KB · Views: 38

psedna

UAEC
I acgtually prefer 80 degree weather for an entire week in south georgia mid December like this year. As long as you dress light, look out for snakes, and dont mind not seeing deer - It really is a great time to be out in the woods!

I had an entire week off during this time, waited all year for the special time to be in the woods.

Thanks to our DNR for shutting down the season before the long MLK school holiday, since we wouldnt want our kids to be in south ga woods but would rather have them be elsewhere rather than end the season with a three day long weekend - oh yeah, it was cold prob too cold to be out.

I mean its not like our dwindling south ga deer population could support another week, or for that matter, the rest of January (oh Im sorry, thats when you get really cold weather in south georgia).

Chas

Does anybody care to pass along any info, leased land in Kentucky 3 years. Loved it but I was paying the majority of it and just got burnt out on spending all the money. Will be headed to Illinois or Kentucky this year, would love to get on a lease but will probably end up on public land. I am putting in the research but dang there are alot of options, would prefer to bow hunt, would prefer lodging close by. Would rather be in a higher population area with a chance at a good deer.