So who is about to get the axe?

LanierSpots

We know that Virginia dismissed Groh after a aweful year

I beleive Charlie Tuna is gone at Notre Dame

I believe Fat boy at Kansas is gone gone gone.

I believe Bowden will want to stay but end up out before the end of the bowl season.

If Stoops goes to Notre Dame, who takes over the lead at Chokelahoma.?

Who else is gone?

Jody Hawk

If CPJ turned down Auburn, I don't see him at OU. :huh:

Mangino will return to Kansas.

Charlie is out at ND.

The Fridge should be fired at Maryland but probably won't happen.

I'm guessing Tubbs will be a head coach again next year.

sandhillmike

Gone but not forgotten
Stoops would have to be nuts to take the ND job, they will settle for Kelly or maybe Phat Phill. Tubbs to Va, Bowden out, Turner Gill to Kansas.

yellowduckdog

If CPJ turned down Auburn, I don't see him at OU. :huh:

Mangino will return to Kansas.

Charlie is out at ND.

The Fridge should be fired at Maryland but probably won't happen.

I'm guessing Tubbs will be a head coach again next year.

They never interviewed CPJ @ AU

Jody Hawk

They never interviewed CPJ @ AU

CPJ said on his radio show the other night that he could have left Tech for more money last year. Auburn was the only school I heard his name tied to. I know he never interviewed but I do believe they contacted him to see if he was interested.

LanierSpots

CPJ said on his radio show the other night that he could have left Tech for more money last year. Auburn was the only school I heard his name tied to. I know he never interviewed but I do believe they contacted him to see if he was interested.

They never interviewed him or offered him anything. Just a phone call to see if he was interested in an interview. He said he wasnt, thank god.....

We got the right guy for us and Tech got the right guy for them....

I still say fat boy is out at Kansas... Too man problems going on with him and his players. Losing the last 7 games and the last one by stupid play calling should just about get him fired...

GAGE

GONetwork Member
I still say fat boy is out at Kansas... Too man problems going on with him and his players. Losing the last 7 games and the last one by stupid play calling should just about get him fired...

ESPN analysts said the KU AD has a personal issue/vendetta with Mangino, says it is all about his looks. The guy was coach of the year a couple years ago. Granted the program has not been good this year, I still feel bad for the guy.

LanierSpots

ESPN analysts said the KU AD has a personal issue/vendetta with Mangino, says it is all about his looks. The guy was coach of the year a couple years ago. Granted the program has not been good this year, I still feel bad for the guy.

I saw the special on ESPN last weekend on how abusive he was to his players. A bunch of players came out against him and his tactics. Of course, we dont know for true but if that is real, I can see why they want him gone. It does not look good for the University and not good for recruiting..

It may be too many strikes against him.

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
We know that Virginia dismissed Groh after a aweful year

I beleive Charlie Tuna is gone at Notre Dame

I believe Fat boy at Kansas is gone gone gone.

I believe Bowden will want to stay but end up out before the end of the bowl season.

If Stoops goes to Notre Dame, who takes over the lead at Chokelahoma.?

Who else is gone?

Kragthorpe at Louisville was canned as well I believe.
Weis is out for sure. Supposedly he was told not to talk with any recruits and come straight back to South Bend after the game.
Mangina.....maybe.
Bobby Bowden will stay ONE more year.
Stoops has shown no interest in the last few coaching jobs, why would he change his mind now?
Still not sure Tommy Tubberville has any interest in coaching yet, but look for Terry Bowden to send his resume to everyone.

chadair

Ron Zook will get 1 more year, then u can add his name to the list:rofl::rofl:
I don't think Maryland has the money to get rid of their Fat Boy.
Weis is as good as gone.

Louisvilee, Virginia and Marshall r all lookin for new Head coaches as well

General Lee

CPJ is going to try and get as far away from the SEC as possible.He knows that as an ACC coach in the south,he will be overshadowed.He can be a big fish in Oklahoma.........

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
For the life of me I can't understand the infatuation with Turner Gill.

The AD at Louisville said that Kragthorpe "Didn't seem like the right fit from the beginning." Ouch. So why was he hired?

If Stoops goes to ND for that headache he's a fool.

chadair

For the life of me I can't understand the infatuation with Turner Gill.

Buffalo was lucky to get 3 wins a season before Turner Gill arrived. his first year they won two, and he has had winnin season for the last ones. If you can win at Buffalo, you can win ANYWHERE:bounce:

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Buffalo was lucky to get 3 wins a season before Turner Gill arrived. his first year they won two, and he has had winnin season for the last ones. If you can win at Buffalo, you can win ANYWHERE:bounce:

Yeah I guess that's it. I've got nothing against the guy. But it just seems like there is a lot of excitement over a record that's really not all that exciting.:bounce:

chadair

Yeah I guess that's it. I've got nothing against the guy. But it just seems like there is a lot of excitement over a record that's really not all that exciting.:bounce:

if u go back and look at Buffalo pre gill era, u will see how remarkable he has done in his short time.
Back when I used to do Parlay cards, I always hunted for buffalo and give them whatever points were offered, it never mattered, they could never keep up:banana:
I think Turner Gill could be the next Urban in waitin. I don't know that he has the imagination of Meyer, but he has impressed the heck out of me!!