12/20

Core Lokt

Nothing here at all. Going to give it a few more than go explore some HW bottoms.

Heat went out at camp house friend called AC guy early hope he can come fix it.

Y’all stay safe. Be back later

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote
We’ll my son learned a valuable lesson today , saw 2 does early then my son (7) was ready to go about 9 and every 2 minutes was asking if we could leave, I told him on real cold mornings like this our deer like to move a little later around 9 or so, we’ll I finally gave in after the 10th time and told him 5 more minutes that I thought we were gona see a big buck, next thing you know he is moving around in his chair bouncing up an down in the ground blind and he looks up and says dad there’s big buck, I was watching another lane on other side , looked up and there’s a huge beautiful 8 point came out 20 yards in front would have been perfect chip shot for him. The buck took off soon as we saw him, he did manage to get a shot off but was a clean miss I’m sure. He would have been his biggest buck by far and one of the biggest we’ve killed on our property. Needless to say now he knows when dad says let’s sit a little longer it’s for a good reason. We still had a great time together, was a cold one early !

Dupree

Taking my son to my lease in a little while. I’m just gonna sit with him. Don’t feel like toting my climber in, and my uncle is going to meet us at the property to go hunt another plot to try to get him a doe for his freezer.

flatwoods

We’ll my son learned a valuable lesson today , saw 2 does early then my son (7) was ready to go about 9 and every 2 minutes was asking if we could leave, I told him on real cold mornings like this our deer like to move a little later around 9 or so, we’ll I finally gave in after the 10th time and told him 5 more minutes that I thought we were gona see a big buck, next thing you know he is moving around in his chair bouncing up an down in the ground blind and he looks up and says dad there’s big buck, I was watching another lane on other side , looked up and there’s a huge beautiful 8 point came out 20 yards in front would have been perfect chip shot for him. The buck took off soon as we saw him, he did manage to get a shot off but was a clean miss I’m sure. He would have been his biggest buck by far and one of the biggest we’ve killed on our property. Needless to say now he knows when dad says let’s sit a little longer it’s for a good reason. We still had a great time together, was a cold one early !
It's tough on kids, especially when it's this cold. Even with just as good of clothes as you have.
He will remember though.

Dupree

We are settled in blind. Service comes and goes here so not sure how much I’ll be able to update.

sprewett

Well was gonna slip in decently quiet after work. Started down the mountain saw that.my.blind didnt look right. So much for being quiet the wind ripped it off the stakes and blew it down the MTN. Got myself a workout. Everything fixed not, well sorta, but I'm hunting anyway. Got an itchy trigger finger today! Deer I've let pass earlier in season might not get that chance this evening.
Beautiful evening in the woods light breeze and chilly temps. Gonna be a good hunt!

Dupree

Slow afternoon so far. Only a rabbit on this food plot, and nothing from cell cams in other places either.