150gr 9mm load data

Adam5

I’m working on load for an oddball 9mm weight with extremely little available data. I’m looking at known data for a similar bullet design and extrapolating the math. I will be loading 150gr Brass Monkey flat nose bullets. They are a polymer coated lead, which is similar to Acme’s power coated lead. I’m looking at Hodgdon’s data for Acme 135gr and 145gr, seeing how much the charge drops for the 10gr heavier bullet, and taking half off again to go from a 145gr to 150gr bullet.

Looking at powders that I have, they show the following Acme 135 gr loads for CFE-P, Titegroup, and W244:
CFE-P starting charge of 4.2gr and a max of 4.8gr
Titegroup staring charge of 3.3gr and a max of 3.8gr
W244 starting charge of 3.6 and a max of 4.1gr

They show the following Acme 145gr loads:
CFE-P starting charge of 3.6gr and a max of 4.3gr
Titegroup staring charge of 2.9gr and a max of 3.4gr
W244 starting charge of 3.0gr and a max of 3.6gr

If I extrapolate the math to 150gr bullet, I get the following:
CFE-P starting charge of 3.3gr and a max of 4.0gr
Titegroup staring charge of 2.7gr and a max of 3.2gr
W244 starting charge of 2.7gr and a max of 3.3

Does my math appear to correct?

I’m leaning towards W244 at around 3.1gr as I prefer loads that are on the higher side of midrange.

hunter 85

Check some of the competition shooting forums as a lot of people load heavy bullets in 9mm to get major factor will the 9mm but they are loaded stout to get the power factor

Reactions: Dub

flintlock hunter

I have loaded a signifigant number of 9 mm 147gr for the wife's Glock. Best overall, including accuracy has been 4.0 >4.5 grs of Alliant Bullseye powder. Shoots to POA in nearly everything, realitively mild recoil, and has enough clout to use XTP or Barnes 147gr for SD loads.

Just an FYI, in a revolver, 3.2grs Bullseye is a favorite accuracy load for competition in both 9mm and .38. (This load will not cycle semi-auto)

Dub

Check some of the competition shooting forums as a lot of people load heavy bullets in 9mm to get major factor will the 9mm but they are loaded stout to get the power factor

Brian Enos Forum (y)

Just don't mention 2A, hunting, self defense or anything beyond competition shooting.

Can likely run across a pile of info....but also may encounter some folks with odd views...moderators, too.