2 “Sweep the Neck”

goblr77

Walked three miles this morning. No gobbles and no sightings. I’ll get back after them this afternoon on another piece of property.

donblfihu

Good deal congrats 77. I hunted most of the day didn't hear or see anything. Looking forward to those pictures

Wayne D Davis

These should be sufficient for the entry.
You done good boss. I could have murdered a few Jake's but na. Had 6 today cross a field and came to the barrel at 10 Paces. Everyone of them Jake's. It was fun tho. They came after me like a band of thugs on a mission. I just layed there on my belly while they circled purred and putted about 3 minutes

Bubba_1122

These should be sufficient for the entry.
You know you're an experienced turkey hunter/challenge participant if you can spread the fan with one hand, hold the ipad with the other and take the picture all at the same time.:D

Congratulations on a great start and a great bird.

goblr77

You know you're an experienced turkey hunter/challenge participant if you can spread the fan with one hand, hold the ipad with the other and take the picture all at the same time.:D

Congratulations on a great start and a great bird.

Haha. Thanks.

donblfihu

Another fine looking bird, congrats to you. Any details with those two birds. Who makes that call, I can't read it it's too blurry. I got one gobble out of a bird Sunday afternoon he came in but not a shot. Went today and didn't hear the first gobble.

goblr77

Neither bird gobbled. They were henned up in fields and died the same way. I was able to fire up the boss hen in both scenarios and draw them to me. The gobblers followed. A Lonnie Mabry aluminum pot with a Jeff Harrison (JLH) blood wood striker was used on the bird Saturday afternoon. The one in the pic from yesterday is a Chad Hutcheson (Stumpy) ceramic with a Jeff Harrison black and white ebony striker. That Stumpy ceramic never loses its spot in my vest.

goblr77

I‘ll be going to a spot in the morning where there were a couple long beards hanging out before the season. They may or may not still be there. The birds in that area travel a lot.

goblr77

He was there. He gobbled really early which enabled me to slip in very close to his roost tree. A few soft yelps and a little leaf scratching sealed the deal. Shot him when his feet hit the ground.

Attachments

• D2628BF3-FA12-43C7-BCDB-543015370F85.jpeg
    D2628BF3-FA12-43C7-BCDB-543015370F85.jpeg
    358.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 79838CAB-4E7D-4C70-AAFB-39CCC4C1D5DE.jpeg
    79838CAB-4E7D-4C70-AAFB-39CCC4C1D5DE.jpeg
    233 KB · Views: 16

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
He was there. He gobbled really early which enabled me to slip in very close to his roost tree. A few soft yelps and a little leaf scratching sealed the deal. Shot him when his feet hit the ground.

Nice spur!!!!
Nice fan!!!!

goblr77

Guys,

I posted the bird in the kill thread. That’s it for me in Georgia. I’ll be hunting Tennessee the 8th and 9th of April and hopefully Alabama this upcoming weekend or after I get back from TN. Can’t stop yet.

donblfihu

Man what a quick season, another nice bird congratulations again. I've been close but no cigar going to sit on a food plot in the rain tomorrow.