2005 caddy srx hatch won't open

greg j

anybody know if there is an emergency release on this thing. Would like to be able to open the rear hatch. Checked the fuses and they are good.

Donal

Have you tried the fob? if yes and still nothing, disconnect battery negative for 5 minutes. still nothing. Trim has to be removed and manually opened. the trim is removed starting near the top and working around. some model have a plug in the trim that can be removed and insert a small screwdriver and move the latch. Good luck

Last edited:

rayjay

Surely there are multiple YouTube videos about this issue.

GoldDot40

Nearly all vehicles with an automatic hatch/trunk release have a manual release. Check for a small removable panel on the inside panel on the tail gate. You'll have to crawl into the cargo area. Hopefully your seats fold down....big help.

greg j

Yeah i've looked on youtube and they all say check fuses . I did that and they are good, i guess i will have to bite the bullet and take it to the dealer. There is no manual release that i can find.

GoldDot40

Yeah i've looked on youtube and they all say check fuses . I did that and they are good, i guess i will have to bite the bullet and take it to the dealer. There is no manual release that i can find.
Does yours have a courtesy light on the inside panel close to where the latch would be?

normaldave

GON Weatherman
Found this on one of the Cadillac Owner's forums with the same issue:
This has happened once on my base 2011. I pressed the key fob to "Lock" then two quick clicks for "Unlock" and the hatch could be opened. It has not happened again.

Looks like they've had some issues alright. Old post, pictures are gone, but maybe this will help.
2005 SRX Hatch won't open