2011 Bear Kill Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
All righty guys here is the 2011 kill thread. Please post pics of your trophy and share the story of the hunt with us. Please only post here with your kills. Thanks and good luck to everyone.

Unicoidawg

Last edited:

Buckaholic2000

Well I will give an update Mark Land has one down and out NorthGACarpkiller shot one waiting till morning and another guy with them shot one with great blood ran into thicket going back in morning. Hopefully they can get the other 2 when it gets light in the morning.

brandonsc

A friend of mine killed a 125# off of Cohutta his dad shot one 250-300 but did not recover that bear sorry for no pics

brandonsc

i dont know the story but i dont think you can use a dog for tracking on wmas? i might be wrong tho i know he was gogin to go back in there today they tracked the bear over 2 miles

2boxersdad

.I harvested another good bear yesterday.He was smaller than the other bears i have found,but good bear for my friend.260lbs.boar bear .I am trying to learn how to post picture.Im not good with the computer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bkeepr

Regarding using tracking dog to recover wounded game on a WMA, refer to page 33 and 34 of the hunting regs. It is vague! Ask the game warden at the WMA. It would be a shame to lose a bear if you didn't have to...

Marlin_444

.I harvested another good bear yesterday.He was smaller than the other bears i have found,but good bear for my friend.260lbs.boar bear .I am trying to learn how to post picture.Im not good with the computer.

If you can e-mail the pics to me I'll post them for you!

benelli_r1@yahoo.com

*V*

Mopey

I Shot this guy on 9/11/11 at Cohutta. just had a blast this past weekend! I had a hog come in on me around 5:45 in the afternoon. I shot the hog and it ran about thirty yards and fell there. About 20 mins later this guy came in. He walked about thirty yards in front of me but I couldn't get a shot. Finally he turned and came up the ridge beside me and gave me a broadside shot at 20 yds. God blessed me with an awesome hunt this weekend!

Attachments

• jake's bear small.jpg
    jake's bear small.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 5,726

Ta-ton-ka chips

GONetwork Member
Congrats to Buckbacks

I'm sure some kind of "story" will follow :pop:

Taken this AM in N GA

Attachments

• martins bear.jpg
    martins bear.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 5,681

markland

GA bear

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got up to the mountains Fri evening in time to look for some hogs but saw nutn. Went to a spot I had in mind up top Sat morning and almost ran over a bear just up the road, went in and walked about 1/2mi and had 1 bear scramble down after smelling me, went a little further and jumped 1 from it's bed, nothing else the rest of the day, did loose my GPS though!!! Danggit.
Went to another area that afternoon that I had sent some friends to check out and they saw several bears and some hogs, we all went in, split up and walked a ridge, heard the bear in the tree and snuck up to it but could not shoot as it was 60ft up, sat on a log for about 20mins waiting for it to come down, when it did, hammered it right behind the shoulder my Phantom tipped arrow zipped thru and sailed out into space, my 2nd arrow hit it as it turned to come down the tree and just grazed the bottom of the belly, it tried to climb back up but finally gave up and crashed to the ground, DRT. I thought whoops when I walked up and saw it looked kinda small, cuz it sure looked big in the tree, but after getting everything back and weighing on digital scales it came out at 98# really suprised me. Took 2 hours to carry it out about 2 miles back to the truck, good thing to have some friends handy, thanks Terrell and Clete, enjoyed our hunt!
Anyway 1st kill with the new Hoyt Buffalo and I am stoked for the rest of the season. Good luck to all and congrats to all the other succesful trad hunters.

Guess you want us to post these here!

Attachments

• Cohuta Bear REV small.jpg
    Cohuta Bear REV small.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 8,065

tee p

this is jason from LA. who came and done a bear hunt with me. we hunted 4 days and saw 15 bears.

Attachments

• pic6.JPG
    pic6.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 5,581

jp94

My first bear of the season

After one long walk in, one quick incounter and one short track and one long drag I got my first Cohutta bear of the season. Can't wait to try for a better one next week. Sorry about the photo being sideways and small. All I had was a cell phone to take a picture with.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 4,985

Marlin_444

NICE Bears Y'all!!!

Coon Dog

407 lb Rabun Couny Bear

I swore I would never kill another one unless is was big well this is number 4.

Attachments

• tracey phone 095.jpg
    tracey phone 095.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 4,953
  • tracey pictures 425.JPG
    tracey pictures 425.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 4,903
  • dub 9-23-11 620.JPG
    dub 9-23-11 620.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 4,933
Status
Not open for further replies.