2015 Turkey Challenge Rules

hoppie

Im sure there will be a few, but there always are. Its funny you should mention it, one of the judges is actually blind.

Haha...In all seriousness I think that this is a great idea. I think I am sitting this one out, but will definitely be keeping up with it. Let me know if you need a judge.

Squeaky

Well I was going to play again this year but I see the post count rule has not changed for those that paid the penalty and particapated.

It was suggested and highly supported to waive the post count penalty for those that paid the penalty last year and showed particapation. I was highly involved with my team and by far killed the most birds out of the group for the season.

Oh well I'm not paying the penalty again. If my show of support and particpation last year wasn't enough to prove I'm a team player then I'll hang onto my money.

Good luck!

Gator8em

Sorry you feel that way Squeaky. I believe you have a valid point but the rules are there for a reason. This rule served us well last year in keeping the participation level high and the teams more competitive than in the past. You still have plenty of time to get your post count up and $10 extra dollars is pocket change. A team would be lucky to have you and I hope you reconsider.

Reminex

You do have a valid point squeaky. I hate to see you not involved this year, shoot id be glad to sponsor you but I know its the principle.

Squeaky

Sorry you feel that way Squeaky. I believe you have a valid point but the rules are there for a reason. This rule served us well last year in keeping the participation level high and the teams more competitive than in the past. You still have plenty of time to get your post count up and $10 extra dollars is pocket change. A team would be lucky to have you and I hope you reconsider.

Gator I understand rules are rules. I fully support having this rule for non-proven contest entrants. I did not mind paying the penalty last year to prove myself. However as Remix stated, it's the principle that I'm being charged again for something that no longer applies to me "I'm a proven participant". Yes $10 is pocket change but its $10 that I could spend on killing turkeys. :D

I don't believe in padding my post count to be eligible for this contest. When I post on here it is for a purpose wither it be to help someone or share a story.

I really enjoyed the contest, there are some awesome prizes donated by many great members of this sight. I may decide to play again but I really would appreciate this rule being revisited in the future for proven guys that don’t meet the post count number.

trophyslayer

Gator I understand rules are rules. I fully support having this rule for non-proven contest entrants. I did not mind paying the penalty last year to prove myself. However as Remix stated, it's the principle that I'm being charged again for something that no longer applies to me "I'm a proven participant". Yes $10 is pocket change but its $10 that I could spend on killing turkeys. :D

I don't believe in padding my post count to be eligible for this contest. When I post on here it is for a purpose wither it be to help someone or share a story.

I really enjoyed the contest, there are some awesome prizes donated by many great members of this sight. I may decide to play again but I really would appreciate this rule being revisited in the future for proven guys that don’t meet the post count number.

#freesqueaky

hoytman308

Sending a check this week! Looking forward to seeing how the season turns out for everyone. Good luck guys!!

liv2bowhunt

Can a bird killed on opening weekend in alabama be used as a wild card entry, or during the week be used and apply the 5 day rule?Just curious if I killed a monster if it could be used toward the contest

turkeyed

Can a bird killed on opening weekend in alabama be used as a wild card entry, or during the week be used and apply the 5 day rule?Just curious if I killed a monster if it could be used toward the contest

5. Birds can be harvested in any State during the contest period.
6. The contest period is March 21st 2015-May 15th 2015.

Gator8em

Thats correct, birds only count that are killed from march 21st to may 15th

Wayne D Davis

In case of Ties
All Ties will be broken by the date and time of the entry. The member that enters his/her bird first will win the tiebreaker. The first team to post the last bird of the tying score wins.

This last rule is a bit confusing....can anyone help explain ?

blong

In case of Ties
All Ties will be broken by the date and time of the entry. The member that enters his/her bird first will win the tiebreaker. The first team to post the last bird of the tying score wins.

This last rule is a bit confusing....can anyone help explain ?

First one in the clubhouse wins.

trophyslayer

I like the anonymous judge rule but i am curious... will we be updated along the way with what their judgments are?

Latest posts