2015 Weight loss efforts.....how is everyone doing ?

JohnnyWalker

:DI started June 10th and as of Monday I have lost 5#.
I'm trying a new approach to dieting. Slow n easy.
Dropping 4 - 5# a week on diet fads in the past has never lasted and I usually add everything I lost plus a few more back in a short time.
:cheers:I started at 325.2 and I don't want to go back to that.

Dub

Congrats everyone. I just started eating a tiny bit less than I was doing, didn't drop soda, or drinking, more like just passing on the sweets and snacks at night, and got a little more active and I've dropped from 280 back in April when I really started paying attention to it, to 267 this morning.

3 months and 13 lbs isn't incredible by any stretch of the imagination, but it's easy to be consistent which is the bigger problem. We could all crash diet for a month and probably lose 20 lbs or so, but when you binge at the end of that is when it call comes back.

Good job and agreed. My Dad has always had really good luck with the method you described. Nothing crazy....just good common sense.

In the past, I would have read this thread and thought "Wow, all of those fatties are going to turn into rabbits.......eating salads and low fat, tasteless foods".
Until I realized that I could no longer see my feet without leaning forward.:(

I just started my weight loss campaign, and am going into it blindfolded. I would guess that I am not the only one searching the google trying to find acceptable tasting meals for people trying to loose weight.

I have a hip that is in need of future replacement, so sitting on my backside for the last few months probably contributed to my bulbous belly. I need some good recipes for low cal meals. Meals that my thin kids would also enjoy.

Suggestion: If you have recipes that are conducive to dropping weight, post them in Pay's Cafe with "diet" somewhere in the title. I know that just doesn't seem right, but many folks may benefit from your postings.:cheers:

Signed,

Sick Of Salads
:bounce:

I'll be posting in there once I start "outdoor cooking" again. Not really gonna be anything "diet" about it....just good healthy eats. There are a few folks in there who already post a lot of healthy meals. Look at stuff posted by Ryork for instance. A lot of folks, unfortunately, post stuff like I used to post.....the stuff that kilt Elvis.

I'll be sure to post up the calories-per-portion of my future posts there.

:DI started June 10th and as of Monday I have lost 5#.
I'm trying a new approach to dieting. Slow n easy.
Dropping 4 - 5# a week on diet fads in the past has never lasted and I usually add everything I lost plus a few more back in a short time.
:cheers:I started at 325.2 and I don't want to go back to that.

Slow and easy sounds like a steady approach for life. Good stuff.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Just made another batch of my chicken breakfast sausage I will post up the recipe.

Sargent

Nothing white except cauliflower for me. No breads. No rice. No potatoes. Definitely nothing out of a box anymore.

Pretty much "keto" diet... and I cycle on and off occasionally.

I've only dropped 10-12 lbs, but I feel SO much better. Glucose levels have dropped like a rock, too. Going to get labs done next month to see what the whole picture looks like.

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
I lost 12 pounds during turkey season. I've gained it all back. :banginghe

The mtn man

I was 225 last winter, now I'm around 210, I love tea, so I totally cut out sweet tea and acquired a taste for unsweetened tea, now I can't stomach sweet tea. I also pretty much cut out sweets altogether except on occasion, now fruit tastes sweeter than a little Debbie. If I get down another 5-10 pounds I'll be happy. My back is a lot better after dropping the 10-15 pounds.