2021-22 Migratory Bird Seasons & Regulations

across the river

I hate the traditional dove opener is being changed.

It really doesn’t make a ton of sense to have a noon opener on one day, and not on any other day. If people want to eat BBQ and hunt the afternoon, they still have the ability to do that. If people want to hunt in the without risking dying of a heat stroke, they can hunt the morning and do that as well, though most fields I’ve hunted early season are typically better in the afternoon anyway. I really don’t see it as a big deal one way or another.

GTMODawg

BANNED
It really doesn’t make a ton of sense to have a noon opener on one day, and not on any other day. If people want to eat BBQ and hunt the afternoon, they still have the ability to do that. If people want to hunt in the without risking dying of a heat stroke, they can hunt the morning and do that as well, though most fields I’ve hunted early season are typically better in the afternoon anyway. I really don’t see it as a big deal one way or another.

It'll be a pain on WMAs and pay shoots unless they open at noon anyway. Folks will be there at midnight Friday for a Saturday morning opener. I haven't hunted either in years but when I was a young man it was either a WMA or a pay shoot for me and save the small area of private land I had access to for the second weekend and later in the season.

When did they do away with the northern and southern zone? That was also a thing back in the day...you could get 2 openers if you put the windsheild time in....