305" Non-Typical: Fun Fact

Plum Crazy

Was watching North American Whitetail TV yesterday evening before the wife got home and commandeered the TV. During the big buck profile of Tim Beck's monster 305" Indiana non-typical from 2012, Gordon Whittington said something that almost made me choke on my budweiser.

He made a comment to the effect of "This deer's frame is so massive, if you take away all the other points and just score him as a 6pt, he grosses over 180 inches"...I almost couldn't believe it. So first thing when I got into the office this AM, I looked up the deer's measurements, opened up excel...ole Gordo wasn't kidding. I come up with 181 6/8" gross.

I know it's all hypothetical, but 180" 6pt is hard to fathom. A buddy of mine has a 160" 8pt mounted and it will make you weak in the knees.

Anyway, thought it was a cool fact worth sharing.

Here's a link to the deer and it's measurements:

http://www.northamericanwhitetail.com/news/tim-beck-buck-300-inch-indiana-record/

Core Lokt

I liked the story and laughed about his comment for naming everything he used with his humor. Great well put together story. Supper buck!

kbuck1

Thats c razy. I actually come up with over 190. If you take away the g3's , g4's and the one g5. He only looses roughly 30 inches from his 222 gross typical score.

Where is he loosing another 10 inches? He still gets 8 circumference measurements.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-11-18-10-52-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-11-18-10-52-20.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 1,066
Last edited: