360 in action...<")))><

Hunter Haven

Come on now... you know a man can't just use "one" electronic while he's fishing.
He's got to have 2...
So, now we are at $8600 for the complete set up right?

$7599 for 2 1198's and 1 360. you would share the 360 from the back to the front unit. I highly doubt you would want to mount that huge 360 bracket on the front! You can find 1198's online for much cheaper than he listed.

I was just stating what it would cost by the time you add taxes to that $530+ & then another $200+ for the LakeMaster chip... if paying for installation as well you would probably be over what I stated....

Hmmmm.... is that really the switch one would want to make?

Lanier Jim

Dang - enjoy your units...it's getting pretty obvious your trying to convince yourself that you're on the right team. You don't want a precise gps or a clean detailed sonar anyway - so relax. :)

LJ

Nothin but Fish

Let’s see HDS 10 ($2450), LSS2 ($600), LGC 4000 ($250) =$3300 or Humminbird 1198 ($2800). Don’t throw away what you have but when you do sell it or it quits working consider products assembled in GA and AL that provide quality and service that is top shelf...oh and innovative too. If you have any ideas of something you'd like to "see" in the way of electronics throw it out and we'll look at it;-)

Lanier Jim

Ouch...I felt that one....deep bruise :)

LJ

Hunter Haven

Let’s see HDS 10 ($2450), LSS2 ($600), LGC 4000 ($250) =$3300 or Humminbird 1198 ($2800). Don’t throw away what you have but when you do sell it or it quits working consider products assembled in GA and AL that provide quality and service that is top shelf...oh and innovative too. If you have any ideas of something you'd like to "see" in the way of electronics throw it out and we'll look at it;-)

I hear you but I need to add a little to that....
#1) I don't have no where near that cost in my equipment...
#2) I fully believe that other units are far superior on sonar, side scan,& down scan images in all aspects...
#3) I have no issues at all with maintaining position on GPS coordinates so I will stand to say that that issue is probably equal for both..
#4) You do have the 360' imaging that is interesting. I just don't think its $8500+ interesting to let go of the far greater & vast benefits among the other...

Keep in mind, I was not trying to "compare" the two brands within this thread. I was trying to keep it within the lines of the topic created... sorry.

Last edited:

Lanier Jim

Relax Haven...if you like what you have - keep on truckin with them. We're on the same team with Wackem...just different on the electronics. As for cost and value - no comparison.

All I know is that I love my units...and that's all that matters to me. :)

LJ

AStrick

When I saw the pictures and, i thought you found a flyin saucer,( then I thought ? )
If that's so that poor man mounted his tranducer up side down!
Now that I've seen it workin, I reckon I might like to have me a ufo fish finder myself!
It comes with everthang; even a 2nd mortgage!

Last edited:

fburris

Wow...That is some awesome technology..If I had money to burn I would give it a whirl too. I'm with Haven though, alot of dough when you already have units that work. I do believe the GPS on the bird id faster, which is what I would love. But hey, how much can a guy spend on fishing anyways. Heck, that setup would costs more than I paid for my boat? It is awesome though! The grass is alway greener on the other side, until the drought.

Last edited: