3D Groups

Donzi

Alright we all have our groups that we shoot in. How is your group doing this deer season?

My group all Novice shooters this past 3D season

Matt-1 Big Doe
Jarret-1 Big Doe
Robert-OOOOOOOOO

We have faith in our other member though!!!!

Matt Sowell

Alright we all have our groups that we shoot in. How is your group doing this deer season?

My group all Novice shooters this past 3D season

Matt-1 Big Doe, 1 small doe
Jarret-2 Big Does
Robert-OOOOOOOOO

We have faith in our other member though!!!!

who is we?
he didnt hunt last night

Donzi

Maybe he needs to come and go with me. I had one right at 30 yards and she was munching on acorns but I was waiting on the big boy.

dgmeadows

Got one down....

I planted a big doe Saturday evening... went out at halftime of the GA game, with earphone in my left ear. Doe was sucking up acorns so hard she never saw me. shot was less than 10 yards, I was about 25 feet up and she was facing away, so I went for the ol' porthole spine shot and dropped her on the spot. I know, I know - that messes up part of the backstrap, but it sure cuts down on the trailing and dragging time. I shot her at 6:40, and had her in the barn, skinned, cleaned, hung in the cooler & was cooking burgers before 8:00.

Ciara & I were in a blind together a couple Sundays back, watching a clover patch next to our dirt driveway where we had seen a bunch of deer eating in the evenings. I was expecting a doe or two. About 7:00, a deer came running down the side of the driveway from a stand of planted pines. I couldn't make out the details through the mesh, but it looked like a full grown deer. It stopped about 15 yards away, but behind a big oak tree, so we still couldn't see anything but legs & tail. It piddled around in the oaks for a few minutes before finally crossing the driveway to the clover - a nice 8 pointer. I turned to see what Ciara thought and she was looking down ! I had told her earlier to stop fooling around with her facemask, cause her hands are just as white as her face; when I told her the deer was coming across the driveway, she put her hands down and looked down to hide her face, too ! I told her to look up & she got wide eyed. I wasn't going to shoot at first because I have a couple of bigger deer on the wall, but then I decided it would be great to shoot the deer with Ciara with me... BUT, just as I raised the bow, the deer started walking and didn't stop until he was into the woods on the other side of the clover patch. We watched him for several minutes about 60 yards away. He would throw his head up when we blew a grunt call or bleat, but he made no move to come back. Ciara was trying to talk me into taking the shot since I have pins out to 65 yards, but I explained that, even though we can see the deer, there was no way an arrow would make it through all the little limbs and vines. I didn't get to take the shot, but Ciara & I were both excited about seeing a nice buck.

She really wants to shoot a deer with her bow this year. We're working on getting her strength up to pull a few more pounds. If she can do that, I hope to set the blind in another food plot where we can try to get a shot of 15 yards or less. If she gets one, we will definitely post up the pics.

Darren

badcompany

GONetwork Member/Father of 2 seeds
Hmmm

BadCompany= 1 doe
Houndog=4/5 does and a HUGE buck
Snakebite=0

Hunterrs

GONetwork Member
About as bad as me:banginghe:banginghe:banginghe
Got the next week and a half off though. Time to stick me a deer. Went back to the rifle and got one :whip:. Not the same at all.

badcompany

GONetwork Member/Father of 2 seeds
Ive been carrying a longbow for the last couple weeks. Got the compound out again this weekend. Time is getting shorter by the day.