.41 Mag

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Yes but not lately.
I have enough on hand from what I loaded ten years ago...
Don't use it that much recently, but it is absolutely my favorite handgun round to load or hunt with.
Hot hand loads surpass factory 44mag in energy and velocity and flatness of trajectory.
I think it was what elmer keith had in mind when he designed the 44mag.
I love it.
Hot load of H-110 under a 210gr Sierra JHC (jacketed hollow core, a large holed hollow point).

deerslayer357

I load a good bit of 41 magnum. 210 grain Hornady XTPs and 200 grain Hunters Supply SWC’s- both over hefty doses of 2400 work well for me.

Longshot also works pretty well, but doesn’t meter the best in some powder dispensers.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Yep, and love the 41. I load down some hard cast for practice rounds, but you can cook up some heavy loads for hunting or defense load

Jester896

Senior Clown
I wish Ruger would bring out a 41 mag Marlin 1894 soon. Would love to have one.
I know it isn't a Marlin but Henry has a few still listed. I thought they made them in the Case Hardened series at one time. One of my good buddies had one in .41 and .357. I thought they were both side gate rifles with octagon barrels...maybe I''m wrong and it was a .44. Either case Henry is making a few in .41.

https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/henry-big-boy-steel/

deerslayer357

I know and have looked at the Henry’s. I just can’t get excited about the Henry’s though. I know they are good rifles and all that, but just don’t like the way they look for some reason.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I had one of the .22s for a minute. I had high hopes for it but it was the most ill feeding bullet shaving thing I have ever owned. The buddy I spoke about sent one of those rifles back twice and the other one once...but they sure are purdy.

deerslayer357

Carbide Lee dies are what I use.

tcward

I use the Lee Carbide also. I use W296, 210 grain XTP and the Win mag pistol primers. Very good accuracy out of my Blackhawk. If you load with these components use the recommended starting load and work your way up. Not sure what you are loading for but use only the max loads in a stout revolver or rifle. Also I use a pretty solid crimp. Don’t get too frisky when you use the expander die to flare your sized cases…a little at the time until the bullet enters the case mouth.

Last edited:

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I don’t, but am following. There may be a .41 Mag Ruger Redhawk in my future.
I have one, and they are fantastic guns. Of course, I am a Ruger fan from way back, and my opinion may be a bit jaded.

Reactions: Dub