7mm-08 whitetail loads

georgiaboy

Since the 7mm-08 is so popular I figure ya'll can help me out. I bought a Rem. 700 from TKnight today and I am ready to start loading! Tony is a really nice guy BTW. I haven't ordered brass yet, but I will fireform some ASAP from re-sized .308. I have a variety of suitable powders and primers but only two suitable bullet types. Speer Hot Cor 145 gr. SP and 160 gr. Nosler Accubonds. I am thinking that the Accubonds may be a little heavy for good velocity considering the 22" barrel. I will probably start with the Speers and save the Accubods for my 7mm RM. Anyone have any good recipes or bullets and types of brass to recommend before I buy ignorantly? Randy, I hope you are about to set a world typing record since you are the reason the 7-08 was made into a commercial round! :shoot:

Last edited:

Larry Rooks

Best Load I Have Ever Shot In Mine

Barnes 120 gr XBT bullet over 47.0 grs IMR4350, WLR primmer at 3080 fps. This is one nasty load for deer and hog. Don't worry about the lighter 120 gr bullet. The X bullet is extrememly tuff and will penetrate anything you will be hunting around here for sure. I have never been able to recover one from anything I have ever killed with it :D

RamblinWreck

Owen, come by the house one evening. I have some 7-08 brass and bullets: Nosler Partitions, TB Bear Claws, Sierra Game Kings, Hornady SSTs. I shoot a hot load of VarGet under a 140 GN TBBC in my 7-08. We can work up a few loads for you to test.

Randy

This load shoots .5 MOA out of my gun but remember it is a maximum load so you should start lower and work up.

COAL-2.81
Powder- IMR 4895 41 grains
Bullett- Nosler Ballistic Tip 140 gr.
Primer- WLR