A Heartwarming (and belly-warming) Holiday Rescue Chicken Story

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Play this in the background while you read this thread, it won't be the same if you don't:

I stopped into the grocery store yesterday, and as I was heading toward the checkout, I heard sad whining, and looked over and saw a bin of poor homeless rotisserie chickens imprisoned in their pen under the heatlamps.
2IVFAGE2DZGNPEENYVC344EQSY.JPG

I walked over, and they all rushed up to the edge of the bin, anxiously wanting attention and hoping against hope for a forever home, eyes shining, and tails wagging. I was overcome by guilt and pity (and hunger-they smelled delicious) so I picked out one that was friendly, but still a bit shy, was nice and brown without looking dried out. It wagged, wiggled, and made happy, contented noises (and continued to smell delicious,) staring adorably at me as it sat on the truck seat beside me on the ride home.

I took it home, and freed it from its carrier. Oh, how happy it was!

Then, I pulled it apart at the joints, sliced it up, and gave it a forever home on a plate with some roasted taters and Texas garlic toast. And, it was delicious, and I had plenty enough meat left on the carcass to pull and package for a good mess of taquitos later.

chicken.jpg

So, as we go into this holiday season, don't forget the thousands of homeless rotisserie chickens that are out there in the chicken mills at the grocery stores, just waiting for the right person to come along, take them home, dismember them, and love them unconditionally. Thank you.

specialk

good to see you eating healthier!...lol...

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The ones that don't get adopted wind up shredded and mixed with mayonnaise as manager's special discount chicken salad. :cry:

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Play this in the background while you read this thread, it won't be the same if you don't:

I stopped into the grocery store yesterday, and as I was heading toward the checkout, I heard sad whining, and looked over and saw a bin of poor homeless rotisserie chickens imprisoned in their pen under the heatlamps.
View attachment 1277686

I walked over, and they all rushed up to the edge of the bin, anxiously wanting attention and hoping against hope for a forever home, eyes shining, and tails wagging. I was overcome by guilt and pity (and hunger-they smelled delicious) so I picked out one that was friendly, but still a bit shy, was nice and brown without looking dried out. It wagged, wiggled, and made happy, contented noises (and continued to smell delicious,) staring adorably at me as it sat on the truck seat beside me on the ride home.

Then, I pulled it apart at the joints, sliced it up, and gave it a forever home on a plate with some roasted taters and Texas garlic toast. And, it was delicious, and I had plenty enough meat left on the carcass to pull and package for a good mess of taquitos later.

View attachment 1277687

So, as we go into this holiday season, don't forget the thousands of homeless rotisserie chickens that are out there in the chicken mills at the grocery stores, just waiting for the right person to come along, take them home, dismember them, and love them unconditionally. Thank you.
Forever home. I'm gonna start using that!

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.

View attachment 1277686

View attachment 1277687

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce::bounce::bounce: Priceless and exactly what I needed as I am sitting here suffering from the Bird Flu!!!

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
The music did it!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It’s playing as I type..

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
So it's a kill shelter?

You may have started a new trend in food posts...multimedia...
No telling how many thousands are euthanized in the shredder every year.