A little of this and a little of that

Geno67

Boil some linguine. Always start and finish pasta with olive oil (some in the water and then drizzle once rinsed). Sweat some onions add some garlic, get it half caramelized. Deglaze the pan with a little white wine. Add clam sauce, drink the clam juice and add baby clams. Bring to a simmer on low. Add a dash of mirin and a few fillets of anchovy and cook about 5 minutes. Stir to break them up. Finish with lemon juice once you've removed from the heat as citrus can't take much cooking without losing the flavor. Steam some brussels sprouts, reduce a little white wine, remove from heat and add a little cream, greek yogurt, lemon and lime juice. Drizzle over sprouts.
linguine and clams.jpglinguine and clams1.jpglinguine and clams2.jpglinguine and clams3.jpglinguine and clams4.jpglinguine and clams5.jpg

Geno67

I can't eat them straight but a little bit in a fish dish can make a lot of difference. Funny thing about this dish - my son claims he doesn't really like it that much but he always eats three plates. :LOL:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Wow! Yes sir!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Boil some linguine. Always start and finish pasta with olive oil (some in the water and then drizzle once rinsed). Sweat some onions add some garlic, get it half caramelized. Deglaze the pan with a little white wine. Add clam sauce, drink the clam juice and add baby clams. Bring to a simmer on low. Add a dash of mirin and a few fillets of anchovy and cook about 5 minutes. Stir to break them up. Finish with lemon juice once you've removed from the heat as citrus can't take much cooking without losing the flavor. Steam some brussels sprouts, reduce a little white wine, remove from heat and add a little cream, greek yogurt, lemon and lime juice. Drizzle over sprouts.
View attachment 1005593View attachment 1005594View attachment 1005595View attachment 1005596View attachment 1005597View attachment 1005598
Oh Yeah!!!!!

Geno67

I have to use them sparingly in dishes they will enhance rather than overpower. About like how you would use habenaro peppers, a little bit goes a long way.