A Patriot for the Patriot

I had a chance to pick up the gift rifle for my upcoming WW gift hunt next month. This year I chose a Mossberg Patriot in .308 for our Patriot guest. I'd purchased the scope for it a few months ago, choosing a Burris FourX 30mm in 1.5-6x42 with illuminated #4 reticle to top the .308 with.

I'm very pleased with the pairing and also happy that the moderately priced rifle even has a decent piece of walnut to boot. The bases came with the rifle and were nice and tight as delivered. The front base had two slots to more easily facilitate a wide range of scopes and the rear slot worked best for the Burris.

The rings are Millet vertical split that I've used on a couple of my rifles with 30mm scopes and they cranked down nice and tight. I boresighted with a mechanical collimator and the clicks seemed to work smoothly and graduations looked good per the collimator. I have one of these scopes on one of my rifles and I'm very happy with it.

I'm quite pleased with the set-up and I'm hoping our guest will be as well ?

Attachments

• thumbnail-48.jpeg
    thumbnail-48.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 56
  • thumbnail-49.jpeg
    thumbnail-49.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 54
  • thumbnail-50.jpeg
    thumbnail-50.jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 50

rugerfan

I believe your guest will be pleased with that good looking rifle. They are good shooters from everything I have read and the experience with my is great.

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Nice stick. Going to make someone very happy.

I love my Patriot in 30-06

I can say that when I walk in after passing out the other gifts that I bring for everyone and then say to our guest " I know that I told you that we would have a rifle for you to use on the hunt, but I lied. This rifle is yours to keep!" I'm a very happy fella.

And, sometimes I'm not the only fella there who's eyes water. ??

Dub

That's going to be a really nice rifle for a worthy hunter !!!!

I really like what they've done with the wood stock design, fluted bolt and exposed recoil screw head. Very nice looking gun. Super cartridge, too.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
I was unaware the patriot came with such a beautiful piece of wood!!! That's a FINE lookin rifle.
Thanks for takin the time to treat wounded warriors!!!!