Konus 30mm Scope

I saw a very good deal/sale on a Konus scope with illuminated reticle and decided to take the plunge to use on top of my youngest Grandson's rifle he will be getting for Christmas this year. It's not a small sized scope, but I really like the magnification range of 1.5-6 (1.5-6x44). I mounted it up yesterday as soon as it arrived. For now, that means it's atop a nice Marlin XS7 in .308, but it could also migrate to a new Mossberg Patriot in 6.5CM that I also have, depending upon which rifle he ends up with.

As typical, mounting was a breeze, especially with the mounted, multi-slot rail base already on the Marlin. The crosshairs are Heavy Duplex with a center 2MOA dot that can be used in red or blue illumination (or none). I checked the adjustments against my mechanical boresighter (collimator) and they were spot on. Of course the true test(s) will come at the range next week, when cooler temps finally arrive here!!

Just thought I'd post this in the event someone wanted to take a chance and try a decent scope with an illuminated reticle. Even if it's not your cup of tea, at least you didn't take the leap with a 4-$500 VX-R. But I think if you do give it a try, you might just end up with a new VX-R as well....lol.

https://cameralandny.com/shop/brand...-93df-d6f5a8428b8a?filters=207708:"1.5x - 6x"

thumbnail-101.jpeg

thumbnail-102.jpeg

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
It's actually a decent scope. I have one on top of my CVA Optima 2 and it will hold it's zero after shooting it thru that cannon. And not a bad price either!