A Very Special Gift

olcaptain

Material possessions have never been a big priority in my life. My 04 Dodge truck boasts 260,000 miles. My favorite canoe is probably older than the Ol Captain himself and if you are around me very long you will soon see that I’m not a slave to fashion. With that being said I do have a few items here and there that are kind of precious to me but many of them now pale in comparison to the gift I received today.
I was returning to Crooked Creek earlier today when I received a call from Fred Wammock. Fred and I have followed each other’s adventures for many years and in the conversation, he shared that he and Carolyn Wilder had a painting to give to me, so we decided on a meeting place. All the way there I pondered about the scene. Would it include a canoe? Would it include my long-time companion Max who passed away a little over a year ago or would it be a scene from my beloved Crooked Creek? Whatever it was I knew that this would be a watercolor masterpiece and I knew there would be tears involved.
I cannot express my gratitude and thanks for this portrait. I will cherish it until the Lord calls me home and I know it will hang proudly in my family’s home hopefully for generations to come! Carolyn-You are the best and I hope God richly blesses you for this beautiful gift!
Folks, the photos don’t do it justice. You will have to see it in person to really appreciate it!
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    350 KB · Views: 6

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That is one of the absolutely coolest things I've seen in many a day. Carolyn has artistic talent enough to match your big heart and Max's unbounded enthusiasm for all things that happened on the water in a canoe.

hawkeye123

Stunning pic! Captures the essence of a fine man & his beloved best friend! My brother was a very talented artist..got his pics all over my house! No amount of $ would by them..Lost him at 52 yrs old