Aftermarket Heated Seats

georgiadawgs44

I bought a new truck recently and am interested in either installing myself or having heated seats installed professionally.

I was wondering if anyone had any experiences or knowledge about doing this. The seats that came in the truck are a nice vinyl. It looks and feels like leather seats honestly. Recommendations on what to buy or where to have them installed would be greatly appreciated too.

treemanjohn

Banned
I bought a set of lariat leather factory heated seats from ebay for my old F350. It was plus and play. I think I paod 1200

georgiadawgs44

I got the Silverado 2500HD but it has the work truck trim package. I don’t know if the plug will be there. I kinda doubt it. That’s why I’m thinking I may get it done.

I’ve gotten a price from a very large truck accessory shop in Gwinnett Co for a little under $500 installed. I was going to have them do it but they haven’t been very responsive on a truck slide I ordered. Also I had them spray the liner and tint the windows and the quality of work was good but their attention to detail is very lacking.

normaldave

GON Weatherman
I can't speak to their heated/cooled seat kits specifically, but I did order and install a complete Katzkin leather interior for my wife's '03 Montero Sport Limited. It is easily the best upgrade dollar I ever spent on a vehicle. I ordered the kit online through a reseller on the Tacoma owners forum, pulled the seats/armrests, took them to a local interior shop, and paid them to install the kit. I could have done it myself, but it didnt' cost much to have them do it for me.

Exact quality pattern, but everything about it was better, leather, padding, stitching, it had kits for the headrests, and both center armrests included, front seats and second row. It made the old car brand new inside. Katzkin is also the custom builder for the Mopar special order leather interior kits.

Katzkin Degreez Heated and cooled seats

paulito

I had to replace the heat elements on my heated driver side seat on my f150 this year. Original burnt up..........right after the warranty ran out of course. Was not that hard at all and LOT cheaper than having them do it for me.

Never thought i woudl use them but it cam on the truck. Man is it REALLY nic to jump in a warmed up truck and a hot seat in the winter.

georgiadawgs44

Thanks for the replies. I have been researching and considering doing them myself. I’m pretty handy but am worried it won’t turn out “professional looking”. I would love to have nice switches up on the dash by all the other controls. And I’m also figuring that since I’ve got a work truck trim package the wires are probably not going to be there already. Still thinking about doing it but would rather have them professionally installed I think.

Maybe a shop that does custom work. Like a high end body shop? Still looking and studying on it. Definitely don’t need them for a minute right now.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
We have a car audio / auto trim shop that adds heat and or leather for us all the time without issues. In most cases you will end up with a small rocker switch on the side of each seat that would turn the heat on and off. A good installer could put the rockers up on the dash if you wanted.