Most Comfortable Vest/Cushion Combo?

crucible02

What have y’all found to be the most comfortable vest and cushion combo.

I’ve been running a cheap Redhead vest for years and that seat cushion is terrible. The only good it does is keep my butt from getting wet.

I’m a rather thin guy (6 ft 180) with no natural cushion. I need something that won’t weigh me down but will have a cushion that won’t deflate to the ground throughout the hunt.

I’ve been considering an Ol Tom Easy Rider or a Grounded Impact 2.0

If anyone has experience with either of these, I’d appreciate some feedback on the seat’s comfort.

Sidenote: I did try the Cabela’s Tactical Tatr and I don’t think the seat is as good as previous versions. It’s thick but easily compressed.

Also, I’m not really interested in a Turkey chair. I have one and it’s comfy but carrying that thing for miles on public land is terrible

crucible02

I aint really a big fan of a big vest.. that being said I've got a knight n hale run n gun vest and the seat is still very comfortable
I appreciate the reply. I'm the same way. I don't want anything too bulky. I've seen that vest but never really considered it. May have to look into it.

Gaswamp

run and gun seat is fine for me

Foster

Adding a camo cushion in the bird bag of your vest that you throw under you when you sit down is the cheapest option and probably the most comfortable. I like the lowdown hammock seat, it weighs 2 pounds and is more comfortable than any vest seat I know of. It will fit in the back of your vest and you can use it for long sits deer hunting.

crucible02

Adding a camo cushion in the bird bag of your vest that you throw under you when you sit down is the cheapest option and probably the most comfortable. I like the lowdown hammock seat, it weighs 2 pounds and is more comfortable than any vest seat I know of. It will fit in the back of your vest and you can use it for long sits deer hunting.
I’ve honestly thought about just taking the pad off mine and just throwing my Glenda Green inner tube seat in the bird bag. That may be exactly what I do.

Kwaksmoka

I went to the Breedlove seat, it’s pretty touch been using it for probably 5 seasons now. A lot like Glenda’s, use my bone collector vest seat for up the tree works good. I like the pockets plus it’s not near as hot as a lot of options these days!

Ugahunter2013

I have a vest I got from Bass Pro Years ago, but I taped an additional seat cushion to the existing seat cushion, and I also put a thin seat cushion in the back carrying section of the vest for support when I lean against the tree. Sometimes those longggg sits can get very uncomfortable and if you are uncomfortable you start squirming,,,and we all know what happens when you start moving.

crucible02

Thanks guys!
I have a vest I got from Bass Pro Years ago, but I taped an additional seat cushion to the existing seat cushion, and I also put a thin seat cushion in the back carrying section of the vest for support when I lean against the tree. Sometimes those longggg sits can get very uncomfortable and if you are uncomfortable you start squirming,,,and we all know what happens when you start moving.
That's been my exact issue. I get squirmy after a while. My vest is an old Bass Pro one and the seat cushion leaves much to be desired.

Ugahunter2013

Thanks guys!

That's been my exact issue. I get squirmy after a while. My vest is an old Bass Pro one and the seat cushion leaves much to be desired.

Even with all the modifications, those 1 hour long sits are tough. But those are few and far between. I checked and I have the Mossy Oak Super Elite vest. It is a little bulkier than some of the other lightweight vests I have seen, but one good thing about it is it provides a little more protection from skeeters by it being a true vest. It also has lots of pockets which comes in handy.