Comfortable ladder stand cushions

gadeerwoman

Now is the time to get some good deals on very comfortable ladder stand cushions! Where you ask? Simple...Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot ...anywhere that sells patio furniture. Most have their patio furniture cushions on clearance and you can pick up some nice thick folding seat/back cushions for $7-$12. Deer don't care if they are in a floral or striped pattern. Just keep them in a black construction grade trash bag on the ladder when not in use. You can sit all day on these things and they are much cheaper than 'camo' cushions out there. If you want em camo, just sew a 'sleeve' for them to slip inside but deer don't know camo like humans. We have several wooden ladder stands that simply have a cheap molded plastic chair on top for a seat. Put a cheap patio furniture cushion in it and stay all day in comfort.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Good advice Sandra.

I am addicted to using my fatboy cushion. If I forget it I go back to the truck and get it.

Ruger roo

had my wife sew a seat for me with 3in foam got from joanns and love it. Foam alittle pricey but with 50% off coupon can't beat it

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Now is the time to get some good deals on very comfortable ladder stand cushions! Where you ask? Simple...Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot ...anywhere that sells patio furniture. Most have their patio furniture cushions on clearance and you can pick up some nice thick folding seat/back cushions for $7-$12. Deer don't care if they are in a floral or striped pattern. Just keep them in a black construction grade trash bag on the ladder when not in use. You can sit all day on these things and they are much cheaper than 'camo' cushions out there. If you want em camo, just sew a 'sleeve' for them to slip inside but deer don't know camo like humans. We have several wooden ladder stands that simply have a cheap molded plastic chair on top for a seat. Put a cheap patio furniture cushion in it and stay all day in comfort.

Great idea. I need one for my ladder stands.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
I use a camo boat cushion I got in Walmart years ago that is very comfortable and quiet.

Mason Jar

I use an old golf cart seat cushion to sit on and for my back rest and to me that's the best seat in the woods.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I carry my cushion around with me on my backside!
Permanently!

I have a few of those patio seat cushions in my ladder stands. My wife likes to get new ones every couple years so I take the old ones to hunt camp.