Ladder stand seat cushion replacement

XJfire75

Hey fellas, where can I get a good comfy seat cushion for my standard ladder stand seat platform? It needs to be like 10"x14" or so. Need 2-3 of them. Any of them make these steel mesh platform seats more comfortable to sit on?

Thanks!

XJfire75

Knew I shoulda searched. #facepalm

Thanks. I'll give em a look

MuXi115

I bought a "Fat Boy" cushion based on the recommendations in this thread: http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=898185&highlight=gel+cushion.

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet though.

Another vote for Fat Boy from Hunt Comfort. I have the double seat and LOVE it. The $100 price tag doesn't seem so expensive when I consider it helps me stay on stand much longer with less movement and fidgeting. It's held up well for 2 seasons; this fall will be it's third.

bilgerat

Senior
go to HD or lowes at the end of august and look at the outdoor furniture cushions, theres always a few leftover and discounted
cushions you can pick up for cheap, the thicker ones work great and have velco strips to tie them in. when you leave the stand, stand the cushion up on end and it will dry quickly if it rains

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
If you get a fatboy you will take it with you everywhere. I have one that stays in my truck for when I need it.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
go to HD or lowes at the end of august and look at the outdoor furniture cushions, theres always a few leftover and discounted
cushions you can pick up for cheap, the thicker ones work great and have velco strips to tie them in. when you leave the stand, stand the cushion up on end and it will dry quickly if it rains

X 2.

gt40

Mako22

BANNED
I tore some waffle foam out of an old couch cushion and had my wife sew me some canvas seat cushions. I got the canvas out of an old military duffel bag I had.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Buddy bought a "stadium seat" from Academy for his. Swears by it

Based on checking out the "Fat Boy" far more economical too

snookdoctor

Buddy bought a "stadium seat" from Academy for his. Swears by it

Based on checking out the "Fat Boy" far more economical too

This falls under "you get what you pay for".

If you can sit on a pile of sharp rocks all day, you don't need a good cushion. Some folks, for various reasons, get a real sore backside, and they need the best padding they can find.

These type folks have gone through loads of cushions, and know they struck gold when they find the Fatboy.