Alaska Fishing Recommendations

ryork

The wife and I are going to Alaska for a couple weeks in early to mid June. Looking for recommendations for halibut charters in Seward or Kenai, and guides for freshwater fishing in the Denali and Kenai areas. Would like to do one half day float trip and have looked at H*!*! Bent Charters in Willow AK. Any other must see type items or things to do would be appreciated as well. We will be staying at Denali Overlook Inn, at a VRBO in Kenai and Windsong Lodge in Seward for 3-4 days each. We have already booked a day cruise in Kenai Fjords Park. Thanks in advance!

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Following. Alaska fishing is on my bucket list.

Hoosier06

DIPSTICK yankee
Ninilchik charters for the west side. I forget who I used out of Seward. I'd recommend halibut out of Seward or Valdez because the tide isn't as bad so you can use less weight and typically get into bonus rockfish. Also look at a "12" pack over a 6 pack boat. If the seas are rough sometimes the bigger boat can get out.

Ez limit for kenai salmon or any guide really. It's basically a commodity there with guides.

Don't waste your time trying to fish out of denali unless you want to drive. If you drive the denali highway look for road side lakes, they hold Lakers. Roadside streams on denali highway have grayling that will hit anything.

Take real rain gear, rubber boots and binoculars. Humpys Alehouse if you are in anchorage, wildflower if in Talkeetna.

Glass the mountains above denali park, dall sheep come down above town. Drive the road into the park and stop at savage river. You can hike in there and usually see sheep. Should be able to see moose and caribou on the drive in if you go early or late.

If salmon are in the bay you can catch salmon from the bank at high tide with pink or green vibrax spinners.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Me too except hunting.
Could do fishing tho.

Money is tight 5 years into retirement. :cool:
I’d like to hunt there, too. Maybe a combo trip.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
I went out with these guys in June 2012. It was a great experience

38CA26C8-9972-4BED-BD9E-53A1DD6B836A.jpeg