Seward Alaska

ryork

For as mush as I enjoy cooking, we certainly enjoy quality restaurant experiences and seek them out. Someone told me to try “The Cookery” in Seward. One of the top five restaurant experiences I’ve ever had. These cold water oysters were from Homer Alaska, and definitely the best oysters I’ve ever had. Their homemade bread and spreads, a salad made from the day old bread, spot shrimp ceviche and halibut cheek carnitas. These same folks also own a place called Lone Chicharron. Had some rock fish tacos there for lunch one day that were incredible. Also had some halibut at Resurrection Roadhouse. Everything else was so-so but that fish was spot on! Our halibut we caught arrived at a friends house back home a couple days ago. Looking forward to getting into that!

F8BAFE36-15BF-4321-95CA-021D28EA1EFF.jpegCE213238-52FC-4084-A1BB-1DB14374042A.jpeg84DA0C14-F993-44D1-922C-8CB17E4BD4AB.jpeg59457E33-14C3-4142-B9B1-30507C22C837.jpegBFAD0310-20B9-4160-979E-B0904D062DB7.jpegE5F0CA60-4416-439A-BEBB-490057C3B67D.jpeg0E735BC1-0AE0-4D23-AE0F-963F40E210EE.jpeg45D1F539-661F-4301-A6C7-BF650AB27764.jpeg

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Looks mighty good ! Can’t wait to see what you turn that flounder into :ROFLMAO:

georgia_home

Nice!

Big7

The Oracle
Prolly the last time you get Alaska oysters unless you go back. Bet they were good.

I'd like to go out there hunting and fishing but wouldn't know where to start.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man!

ryork

Prolly the last time you get Alaska oysters unless you go back. Bet they were good.

I'd like to go out there hunting and fishing but wouldn't know where to start.

No doubt about that, won’t see those in the SE US.

It’s a trip that takes some planning. We had all of this laid out, reserved, and mostly paid for in Jan-Feb. I can give you some recommendations on lodging, restaurants, fishing, etc, and a couple of spots that are a little overrated too……. Just takes a little research time and then reserving stuff early.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Wow!!!:clap::clap::clap:

Tnhunter

We ate in the Cookery on Tuesday June 6th. We enjoyed it too. I guess we just missed each other. We also liked the exit glacier salmon bake.

ryork

We ate in the Cookery on Tuesday June 6th. We enjoyed it too. I guess we just missed each other. We also liked the exit glacier salmon bake.

We we’re staying right up the road from the Salmon Bake at Windsong Lodge. Wanted to try it, but didn’t make it. I’m a sucker for a brew pub restaurant and we ended up at Seward Brewing a couple of times……. We had booked Resurrection Roadhouse and Cookery well in advance.

ryork

We we’re staying right up the road from the Salmon Bake at Windsong Lodge. Wanted to try it, but didn’t make it. I’m a sucker for a brew pub restaurant and we ended up at Seward Brewing a couple of times……. We had booked Resurrection Roadhouse and Cookery well in advance.

I love their sign “Cheap Beer and Lousy Food”………

Tnhunter

I enjoyed Seward. I would like to go back some day. I also enjoyed the glacier brewhouse in Anchorage and 49th brewing company in Healy.