Back from Mexico and we ate well!

BeerThirty

Man that looks absolutely terrific!!! I have always wanted to go to Mexico but I've had reservations with safety and the cartel. My wife and my 15-yr anniversary is coming up and I want to do something special, u mind me asking ballpark cost on something like this?

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Man that looks absolutely terrific!!! I have always wanted to go to Mexico but I've had reservations with safety and the cartel. My wife and my 15-yr anniversary is coming up and I want to do something special, u mind me asking ballpark cost on something like this?

It's probably been 20 or so years since I was there last. Much prettier and the airport is much bigger now. Zero issues with safety (although I guess that's the same here...until there are issues!). The resort itself could not be or feel safer and we didnt leave the resort except to and from the airport. However the last few times I went we always took busses or cabs into town and yes it's like all foreign countries with everyone asking you for money, but still didnt feel anymore unsafe than it does here when going to a ball game.

All that being said you just never know. One funny side note is that twice a day the mexican police would ride by on the beach in UTVs and they are in full battle gear and carrying ARs.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree

As far as money goes. We left St Louis on Monday morning and flew back into St Louis on Friday afternoon. All inclusive meaning basically all the food from 5 of the 6 restaurants and drinks and room service and hotel entertainment is included. Airfare included with Spirit. Tips are not required but are accepted and the service is so freaking much better than in the states that I was happy to tip.

I paid $3000 and then tipped bartenders, cabana boys and waiters and maids spending another $300 or so and then I added lobster to one meal for $50 and we rented a cabana for a couple days at $200.

All in all it was less than 4k including fuel to drive to airport and food etc.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
It's probably been 20 or so years since I was there last. Much prettier and the airport is much bigger now. Zero issues with safety (although I guess that's the same here...until there are issues!). The resort itself could not be or feel safer and we didnt leave the resort except to and from the airport. However the last few times I went we always took busses or cabs into town and yes it's like all foreign countries with everyone asking you for money, but still didnt feel anymore unsafe than it does here when going to a ball game.

All that being said you just never know. One funny side note is that twice a day the mexican police would ride by on the beach in UTVs and they are in full battle gear and carrying ARs.
Good to hear. It's been about that long since we went and the airport was smaller than our local airport back then. :eek: We did have some good food while there. (y) Looks like ya'll had a great time! :clap:

tjchurch

Congratulations, you did good. The food looks awesome.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Can't

let

Mrs. elfiii

see

this

thread.

:bounce:

ambush80

That's awesome!!!! Congrats!

Those all inclusives down there rock. Me from the bed to the speaker phone: "Please bring me a ribeye. and a shrimp cocktail. No, make that two shrimp cocktails":p

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
That's awesome!!!! Congrats!

Those all inclusives down there rock. Me from the bed to the speaker phone: "Please bring me a ribeye. and a shrimp cocktail. No, make that two shrimp cocktails":p

Man yes! Can't ask for too much, maybe. :bounce:

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Looks like y’all had a great time, bud. Glad everything went well.

:cheers:

bany

I never figured I’d care to go down there but you’ve sold the idea on me. It’s clear Y’all had a spectacular trip! And I was patiently waiting for the gratuitous barefoot pic?
Congratulations again!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member