The icing on the cake!

hunt14u

A cpl wks ago my son killed his biggest buck with the help of his mom taking him while i was out of town and loading up his buck once he was down and i said my season was complete... well yesterday eve i received the icing on my cake! This buck had passed thru 1 or 2 times a few wks apart but never seemed to stayed around. We missed last wknd due to a family members funeral n wouldnt u know he showed up 3 out of 4 wknd sits. I figured we were out of the game at that point as in he was mia since early mon a.m... my wife hunted him hard tues thru fri with no sightings n no pics. She decided to change stands and wouldnt u know he daylighted sat a.m. again! She had to leave and i told her with him being this big we had to get after him. I went in yesterday n had seen absolutely nothing until bout 20min b4 dark. It was like the switch flipped. I had 10-15 deer out within seconds it seemed like. Still no sign of big boy, but i watched as 2 young bucks chased a few doe all around. My experience told me that usually that noise helps bring in the mature bucks. I noticed the deer kept looking into the creek in front of me but i couldnt see anything. 5min goes by and i hear bushes crack behind me. Mind u im in a box blind, i pulled the curtain to the side to peek thru the window and wouldnt u know it hes 25yds with 3 doe !!! I quietly slid my gun ot the window and got ready. He was about 40yds and BOOM! He was DRT!!! I gathered myself n went to check him out. No ground shrinkage at all!! We thought he was around 138-139 but he had way more mass than we thought... Seems to be the magic # for me lol. He is the 3rd buck ive killed that is 146"!!! To say im stoked is an understatement 20231125_192527.jpg20231125_192648.jpg20231125_192614.jpg8e03b26f-909a-4925-9a06-50afe6b4d3d5.jpg

Jim Boyd

Absolutely love that story!

Giant congrats!!!!!!

Worley

Congratulations on an ol hesvy
Headed joker - way to stay after em. Sounds like an awesome season to me.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
You sir have killed a stud! Congratulations!
This^^^ WOOHOO! Way to go after him. I think you found the window when he let his guard down. He may have disappeared right after he rut! Man what a stud deer! Congratulations and I’m sure everyone is enjoying this one! :cheers:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
And can I just go ahead and say thanks for inserting photos full image!!?! I have a real tough time getting a good look at thumbnails so these were a real joy to look at! :clap:

Latest posts