I found him.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
My cousin Ricky had a friend from work come hunt his place a week after we left back in November. The poor guy did everything possible to get ready for his first deer hunt, ever. He shoots a buck, but they never find him. While in a stand yesterday, I could hear buzzards working on something not too far away. Knowing the story of the not found buck, I knew there was at least a good chance it would be him. I went there this afternoon and found him. The guy thought it was a 6 pointer. He never said it was 6 on one side! This was Ricky’s target buck or at least the biggest one he had on cams regular. While it didn’t turn out how we’d have liked, we found his deer! Maybe one Day I’ll run into one of these myself!

3A0986FF-57B8-41A5-91E2-8316F980A383.jpeg5ABDFF5C-2E8E-4645-A162-F9595693F968.jpeg9B25AC89-1CAD-4D1E-BC1E-01B09869E5AB.jpeg9B836632-4D72-4666-B6C5-6A40F294A4A2.jpeg019F627E-EBCA-482E-A162-666BAED513D0.jpeg

I know I didn’t put a tape on him, but any opinions on score would be appreciated!
thanks,
B

Toliver

I'm sure you've talked by now.... is he going to do a European or find a cape from another deer and get a shoulder mount? It'll be awesome either way.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I'm sure you've talked by now.... is he going to do a European or find a cape from another deer and get a shoulder mount? It'll be awesome either way.
He’s going to do a Euro for him. Ricky use to do taxidermy and was just tickled to death we found him……says he’s just glad someone on his farm got it

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Nice deer.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
That a good one.
I plan to run into one like that one day. At some point, it’s gotta be my turn if I keep putting myself in a good spot for an opportunity. My friend Len that goes too has already missed a Giant and has seen several. He missed that giant on his first sit in KY I believe…or pretty close to it. He also got a face full of this deer I found at 23yards broadside the first week we were there during archery. He didn’t draw back cause of a doe at his feet…..and watched him walk off

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
That's crazy that coyotes didn't scatter him.
I put a camera on the gut pile of our three deer and got no yotes. But we hear them all the time. All I get on cam is buzzards and hawks

uturn

He’s a fine one too and a heck of a 1st buck!

Congratulations to you all!

Jim Boyd

Very NICE find!

Toliver

Seems pretty intact for something dead for a month. Could it be a different deer? Hard to mistake that for a 6 point.
Is he from one of those places where they count one side (side with the most points if they're not equal) and call it that? Or call it a 6 x 5 instead of an 11 pointer like we would?

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote
Seems pretty intact for something dead for a month. Could it be a different deer? Hard to mistake that for a 6 point.
That’s what first came to mind for me as well, all those points he would have known right away it was bigger then a six you would think

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
He just remembered the middle ones had a long and a short one, He surely saw at least 3 on one side, but His practice had him immediately look away from the antlers and where to shoot. This deer was found pretty much right where he should have been. We looked it over and found nothing to indicate shot placement. It has been very cool out and it was pretty clean considering no flies had gotten to it and left babies. Our biggest surprise was that he didnt realize how big it was….it was his first hunt too