ALFA Insurance

naildrvr

Does anyone here use them? I got a quote from them Monday and they're over 300/month cheaper than State Farm. Same coverage as I have with SF. Just wondering about claim processing and any future premium increases or hidden fees. Hopefully there won't be any claims, but who knows. They actually quoted more coverage for replacement cost on my homeowners. The vehicles carry the same coverage as SF. What has been anyone's experience with them? Thanks

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Always a good place to start your search for info.

snagged

I deal with a lot of insurers daily. The advice I give folks is to find an independent insurance agency that can be a one stop shop to compare different insurers for you. Cincinnati and Amica are probably the two best insurers I see for claims handling. Amica you have to contact directly rather than through an agency. Hartford is also good and offers a discount through AARP.

jaybirdius

I second the independent agency. We use Tabb in Conyers, They give us options every year for everything, car, home, umbrella etc. I have no affiliation with them other than being a customer.

Ugahunter2013

I deal with a lot of insurers daily. The advice I give folks is to find an independent insurance agency that can be a one stop shop to compare different insurers for you. Cincinnati and Amica are probably the two best insurers I see for claims handling. Amica you have to contact directly rather than through an agency. Hartford is also good and offers a discount through AARP.
Cincys rates are super high.

creekrunner

I’ve had Alfa for several years on my home and autos. Had a claim for around 3 grand about 3 years ago on my truck. Adjuster told me to get a quote from who I wanted to fix it, mailed me a check the next day. Didn’t have an increase in the premium until last year and it was less than 5%. My agent is in Tifton

naildrvr

Thanks for the replies. We've gotta change soon. Will do a little more research.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Thanks for the replies. We've gotta change soon. Will do a little more research.
Keep us posted. I’m with State Farm and searching.

Last edited:

K80Shooter

I'm also getting quotes now. Anyone have American Family?