Allatoona Tips

Dialer

Taking my big brother fishing tomorrow at the Dead Sea, just because it’s closer for him. I know the word “Allatoona” is an old Indian word meaning “No Fish”, but we’re still gonna give it a shot. We will be putting in at the Blockhouse ramp armed with crappie minnows and crappie jigs. Figured we would hit the old Army cove, then maybe Tanyard creek, but other than those 2 places, I’m out of ideas. I will also be armed to the gills with 2 Whopper Ploppers!

Dialer

The wind was definitely a factor! Went over to the Army cove and dropped in 3 lines that had medium sized minnows. BAD IDEA! 1st bobber, GONE. 2nd bobber 10 seconds later, GONE. It was crazy! The bass were running all around me chasing baitfish out of the water. Five very respectable large mouth bass in the well that were around 3-4 pounds each. Early evening got there, and I wanted to try my whopper plopper. Headed over to Tanyard creek and let the wind blow me down the shoreline. I seen my first target, a small bush poking out of the water. I threw that whopper plopper and dragged it right on target. Like a bolt of lightning a nice bass nailed it. Caught two more and missed several. Best trip all year for sure! Didn’t get any pics as I was pretty busy. I did catch these kids jumping from the old train trestle. 92FD0A2B-B312-4ADF-98DA-13AC06576ABF.jpeg

Josh B

I grew up fishing the dead sea but I always caught fish. All I used is zoom worms in June bug fished Texas rig. I saw the man who taught me to fish catch multiple 9 pound bass. When I bass fish I fish slow. Always got crappie too.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I caught a 7lb 15oz LM just inside 17E years ago on a spinner bait.....and I never throw one any more for some reason. We’ve been having pretty good days the last few trips too. I’m mostly a drop shot guy now, but I love throwing that plopper or a spook too! I bass fish but am trying to get on some crappie soon. One of these days!
The Dead Sea is alive and well!

barongan

Nice fish
o.png

Fletch_W

Banned
From the *Blockhouse* *boat* ramp* you can let the prevailing winds from the West simply blow you to the nearby bridge. As a teen and early adulthood, whenever i couldn't get the motor running on the 1436, I and a friend would just go put in with a paddle, and literally let the wind blow us over there. The paddle back wasn't too bad, and the protip is that it's easier to paddle back along the bank instead of trying to bee-line it back to the ramp.

I'm not sure where the controversy is at this point.