Any appliance repairmen out there?

Buckbuster

I have a Kenmore refrigerator that keeps getting water in the bottom of it. I looked every where I could think of above it to see where it is coming from. I could not find anything that looked wet. The freezer is above the refrigerator. Anybody know where it could be coming from?

Woody's Janitor

Your drain line from the freezer part may be stopped up. You could either remove sections from your freezer until you find the line, then blow it out. OR , My first choice would be a faulty door seal or the door not getting closed properly. I hope I aint steering you wrong.

jay sullivent

i had the exact same problem with my last refridgerator and it was the door seal leaking that was causing it. it creates condensation that will build up in the bottom of the fridge. we wolud have to sop the water out with a towel every few weeks or so. i gave the thing away not knowing the problem and the guy i gave it to fixed it, and kindly informed me of the easily fixed problem. live and learn.

Buckbuster

After looking at it again I think it is the seal around the door. Have any of yall ever replaced a seal? How hard is it to do? I think sears makes Kenmore, but not sure.

Woody's Janitor

I replaced one Friday. You need some patience and a good helping hand. I removed the door to change the seal. It made it much easier.