Anyone apply for the permit to hunt the Cobb County tract

fredw

Retired Moderator
(CORP land) managed by the Cobb County Department of Parks and Recreation?

If so, you should have been drawn. There were less than 300 applicants and, as a result, everyone who applied should have been drawn.

The gentleman who coordinates the program tells me that successful applicants should be receiving a letter in the next week with info on the mandatory training classes.

Meriwether Mike

A lot of folks who applied last year realized that them deer are hard to hunt after a few days of pressure. I want to hunt it in January due to our extended season. See you at the meeting.

J.T.

I know what you mean Steel. I hunted several times before Cobb Co. took over. I didn't get drawn last year. Fortunately I know the Cheathams who's houses back up to the tract. They let me park in their mother's vacant driveway and hunt right behind their houses. The deer didn't get any pressure there so I saw alot. (many does, very few bucks).

Fred, do you think there might be permits still available?

the HEED!

Banned
I saw alot of bucks while driving by that place last year

all after hunting hours, they aint stupid!

CharlesH

permit

I was wondering where to send my info to to get a permit? I know this topic came up a few weeks back; but i've been swamped getting ready for the school year to start.