Anyone heard of the Interstate 3 proposal....your thought?

Jeff Phillips

Sure would turn Woody's trips to Walkingshaw into a breeze! Are we sure he's not behind this????

Greg Tench

No Way !!!!!!

Its in the local paper every week. Im against it as well as the majority of folks who live in Habersham,Towns,Union,Rabun & White Cos. Keep the mtns. the way they are. We dont need an interstate runnin thru here....PERIOD :mad:

raghorn

Greg Tench said:
Its in the local paper every week. Im against it as well as the majority of folks who live in Habersham,Towns,Union,Rabun & White Cos. Keep the mtns. the way they are. We dont need an interstate runnin thru here....PERIOD :mad:
But just think of all the pretty billboards you'd get................ ::ke: ::ke: ::ke:

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
I suspect it will run through Rabun co into NC and then to Knoxville. It will pass within 10 miles of my home.

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
Too say the least it ain't too popular in these parts.

dbone

Outdoor Cafe Moderator
:mad: I'm dead set against it , For one ,Like was stated before it will ruin the serenity of the mountains in both NC and Ga , the billboards and bare as you dare places will soon follow but the biggest reason I personally am against it is that it will run right through our lease , They've already run the survey tapes , So we have at least one subject we agree on call your Representatives and tell them to vote against it , I already have here in NC

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
If DBONE is again' it, I be fer it.

Seriously, we really need another interstate. :rolleyes:

Moving out west or to Alaska in my lifetime is looking more and more like a possibility.

T

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
I don't often agree with Dbone but in this case I do.

bull0ne

Banned
Why don't they fix and maintain the existing interstates :huh:

Oh....never mind,not enough ''pork'' in that idea :banginghe

Ga-Spur

We don't need it period. There is hardly any traffic on Hwy 17 now, in Elbert County. It would be a complete waste of money.

Woodsong

wow. somehow I missed hearing about this. Thinking of my time living in Young Harris and Hiawassee and western NC I agree- this would flat at ruin the serenity of that area. That being said, one could argue that serenity started leaving 10 years ago, or if you are indian, MANY years ago.

It will be interesting to see if it goes through. I would not be surprised if it does. People make a TON of money off of interstates...land owners, city/county governments, contractors, politicians, etc. Greed may push this one through. I know the people that used to own the land where some of the major 575 interchanges are at. Needless to say they are not hurting for more money.

Woodsong

just to be clear, i think it would be shame to see this go through north GA and NC. it would not be the same there.

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
bull0ne said:
Why don't they fix and maintain the existing interstates :huh:

Oh....never mind,not enough ''pork'' in that idea :banginghe
Yep

shotgun

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but all you that are against it get ready cause it is coming. I f you think I am wrong ride to Augusta and go south on Hwy25 toward Savannah they are building it as fast as they can. From Savannah to Statesboro is I-16 and the four lane from Statesboro to Millen is almost completed. They are working on Millen to Waynesboro. The work from Waynesboro to Augusta is all graded for the additional lanes. You guys that live in the Mountains what you have heard as a proposal is hog wash!!!
Like the old saying Keep you money in one pocket and your political leaders in another. How true it is. I am surprised Zell hasn't taken action against this as much as he loves his native mountains.

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
shotgun said:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but all you that are against it get ready cause it is coming. I f you think I am wrong ride to Augusta and go south on Hwy25 toward Savannah they are building it as fast as they can. From Savannah to Statesboro is I-16 and the four lane from Statesboro to Millen is almost completed. They are working on Millen to Waynesboro. The work from Waynesboro to Augusta is all graded for the additional lanes. You guys that live in the Mountains what you have heard as a proposal is hog wash!!!
Like the old saying Keep you money in one pocket and your political leaders in another. How true it is. I am surprised Zell hasn't taken action against this as much as he loves his native mountains.

Bad as I hate to say it and as much as I like Zell here's the facts.
The bill was introduced in the House of Representatives by six members of Georgia's delegation in late July; the legislation was written by Representative Burns. Companion legislation for Interstates 14 and 3 was filed in the Senate by Georgia Democrat Zell Miller and Georgia Republican Saxby Chambliss.1 The bill is assigned the designation H.R. 4925 and was introduced on July 22, 2004. The bill requires the Secretary of Transportation to study the two proposed Interstate routes and present options for construction to Congress by December 31, 2004. For more, visit Rep. Burns' official webpage.

southernclay

I am against just about everything and this is no different.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
No. GA. Mt. Man said:
I don't often agree with Dbone but in this case I do.

I was thinking the same thing, I'd better "go down front" at church on Sunday. ::ke: ;)

On the link it said something about bringing economic development to the Smokies, I guess they haven't been to Piegon Forge and watched it grow over the past 20 yrs.

L

loouuii

There already is a I 3

Its in Hawaii where they have 3 interstates but they are called H 1, H2 & H3. :flag: