Anyone here got a duck mounted by Travis Johnson taxidermy?

Nitro

Banned
Not me.

Casteel gets all my business. Unless I decide to go to the next level. Then it's Shane Smith.

Rodney does great work....

BgDadyBeardBustr

Gone But Not Forgotten
Brandon, I know Travis and Rodney Casteel. They both do great work and I would recomend either. Travis mounted my 150 inch 14 pointer that is in my Hunting Album. The only duck I ever had mounted I could not tell you who did it. It was a Blue Bill several (numerous) years ago. The only one (duck) I ever killed on Seminole on the only hunt I ever went on there. I have seen both of these Guys show quality work and it is unreal how life like they look. You will be pleased with either guy.
Good Luck, Tim

Arrow3

Brandon, I know Travis and Rodney Casteel. They both do great work and I would recomend either. Travis mounted my 150 inch 14 pointer that is in my Hunting Album. The only duck I ever had mounted I could not tell you who did it. It was a Blue Bill several (numerous) years ago. The only one (duck) I ever killed on Seminole on the only hunt I ever went on there. I have seen both of these Guys show quality work and it is unreal how life like they look. You will be pleased with either guy.
Good Luck, Tim

Travis has my wood duck drake from this past season...:flag:

RackNBeardOutdoors

Dude, the guy is unbelievable, to me I guess. My dad's buddy and him are great friends, and I don't duck hunt, but he has some awesome looking duck mounts, and his prices are awesome as well. When I get off in the morning from the Fire Station, I'll post ya'll a picture of the turkey mount I just got back.

I didn't do a full body mount, I did a tail feather mount, with the feathers going down a plak all the way to his neck, with the wings spread out and the beard and feet.

He does all of my deer heads now and I pass him on to everyone I know. I drive about an hour and half to take him my stuff. If you tell him Jesse's son Mark, he will know who I am.

Arrow3

Dude, the guy is unbelievable, to me I guess. My dad's buddy and him are great friends, and I don't duck hunt, but he has some awesome looking duck mounts, and his prices are awesome as well. When I get off in the morning from the Fire Station, I'll post ya'll a picture of the turkey mount I just got back.

I didn't do a full body mount, I did a tail feather mount, with the feathers going down a plak all the way to his neck, with the wings spread out and the beard and feet.

He does all of my deer heads now and I pass him on to everyone I know. I drive about an hour and half to take him my stuff. If you tell him Jesse's son Mark, he will know who I am.

A guy that I duck hunted with this past year is friends with him....Jason told me what a good job he did and his prices are great....I look forward to getting my wood duck back from him.

RackNBeardOutdoors

Have you been to his house yet and seen his work? I love it man.

I had a picture of my turkey that he did on my cell phone, it's blurry, but I'll get a better one tomorrow, here it is:

Attachments

• turkey.jpg
    turkey.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 440

Arrow3

Have you been to his house yet and seen his work? I love it man.

I had a picture of my turkey that he did on my cell phone, it's blurry, but I'll get a better one tomorrow, here it is:

No..Never met him or talked to him....The guy I hunted with took care of everything...He even took the duck to him for me because he lives pretty close to him.

Your turkey looks good! :cheers:

BgDadyBeardBustr

Gone But Not Forgotten
Mark that looks great and his business is called Blue Goose Taxidermy. He learned from Jerry Mosley who owns Buckmaster Taxidermy in Macon/Juliette. Travis has a special touch when it comes to artwork with animals. The boy can hunt too. Ask him about Dumptruck......:rofl: He will know who sent ya. Tim

RackNBeardOutdoors

Mark that looks great and his business is called Blue Goose Taxidermy. He learned from Jerry Mosley who owns Buckmaster Taxidermy in Macon/Juliette. Travis has a special touch when it comes to artwork with animals. The boy can hunt too. Ask him about Dumptruck......:rofl: He will know who sent ya. Tim

Thanks Bg,

That's it, I couldn't remember, I just call him T-Rock and he does an excellent job. I'll mention "Dumptruck" next time I see him.