Anyone keep bees?

tr21

that's leaps and bounds better than 2023's harvest!
I chose to ignore my bees this year while I recuperated from a heart attack. Fortunate to still have some that didn't swarm, abscond or flat out die. I'll restart next spring with FL packages and hope I can squeeze out a harvest.
we lost about half our hives over the winter. we had lots of hives swarm this year and caught most of them. we ended up selling 4 hives and still have a total of 30. I hope your recouping well from your heart attack, I had one in 2012 and have 2 stents from it.

WayneB

we lost about half our hives over the winter. we had lots of hives swarm this year and caught most of them. we ended up selling 4 hives and still have a total of 30. I hope your recouping well from your heart attack, I had one in 2012 and have 2 stents from it.
Thanks, 2 stents and a defibrillator.
Augusta has not been kind to bees the last 3 years for some reason. No flow last year, strong start early this year, but fell flat about mid-season. I could harvest some, but then I would have to feed.. gonna let them have it.

tr21

Thanks, 2 stents and a defibrillator.
Augusta has not been kind to bees the last 3 years for some reason. No flow last year, strong start early this year, but fell flat about mid-season. I could harvest some, but then I would have to feed.. gonna let them have it.
were fixing to pull from the 10 hives I have up here this weekend and reset hoping to catch the sourwood flow, there wasn't a good sourwood flow last year at all.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon

WayneB

cell phone, not so much. Turn on a GoPro and they go nuts. Not sure why, maybe autofocus using ultrasound? It does seem to be more annoying the closer it is.