Anyone shoot the plastic circular vanes

I been seeing pics of the pl;astic circular vanes that people on Archery talk have been using and they all swear by them. Was wondering what everyone thinks of them. I think they are called FOB's or something. Are they the new fad?? I just ordered3 dozen Trophy Ridge arrows and was going to get white wraps and turkey feather wing feather looking feathers on them...but these plastic things looked neat.

DaddyPaul

I have a couple dozen of them and couldn't get broadheads to fly worth a hoot with them for some reason? That is the one thing everyone raves about is how well they stabilizer broadheads.

I get great flight with my Blazer/MX4 combo but with the FOBs they "float" high and to the right about 6 inches at 20 yards!

Maybe it is just a bad combo, dunno? With FPs they fly great!

DP, i was thinking of getting them, but am a little nervous about having something like that on my bow...Vanes and feathers can bend and return to their shape...plastic can not do that so well. I think if someone was to hit the plastic thing, they might nick it or bend it a bit and then the next time you shoot, you might hit yoruself. I think i will stick to the Turkey feather look. I never had white and black barred turkey feathers for flights, but i think i will on the next ones. I will probably go with a solid white wrap too...

BlackArcher

not for competition...