Arrow help for dummies

Pilgrim

Though I’ve been bowhunting for 30+ years, I still get confused when I need to buy arrows. All the sizes are overwhelming. And then there’s lighted nocks- the ones I have now don’t fit tight enough in my current arrows, so when I remove the arrow from the string, the nock stays on the string. Is there some video/article that y’all know of that can help this ignorant archer?

Ihunt

Gold tip has a guide as well.

Dbender

Tons of video on youtube. Easy to get overwhelmed with all the info and reviews on the internet. I just bought some new arrows yesterday, my old arrows are 15+yrs old. New ones are darts. Skinnier shaft, longer insert with little more weight. 4 fletched. Fly straighter and penetrate 6" deeper into my targer. I would go to a bow shop and ask. I shot a few dif ones just to see. I settled on gold tipblack label quantum. Pricey but night and day difference between the old ones i had.

Hillbilly stalker

Though I’ve been bowhunting for 30+ years, I still get confused when I need to buy arrows. All the sizes are overwhelming. And then there’s lighted nocks- the ones I have now don’t fit tight enough in my current arrows, so when I remove the arrow from the string, the nock stays on the string. Is there some video/article that y’all know of that can help this ignorant archer?
Mite be easiest to go buy new nocks, or even cheaper….make sure you have your nocks oriented to your fletching the way you want, then put a drop of super glue on the nock.

ddd-shooter

Mite be easiest to go buy new nocks, or even cheaper….make sure you have your nocks oriented to your fletching the way you want, then put a drop of super glue on the nock.
I'd do the grocery bag truck before I used glue.
Take the arrow, put it on one side of the grocery bag. Push the nock through the bag into the shaft. Should eliminate any movement, but it's not permanent.

As for shaft selection, I'd call Lancaster archery, or go to YouTube.