As Forrest said" I am not a smart man"

frankwright

10 years ago I bought a CVA .50 Optima Pistol. I really liked it and I killed a couple of deer with it.
A year or three later I got a wild hankering for something, I have no idea what, and sold the CVA.

I always missed it and I knew CVA had quit making them so I just didn't worry about it.
A few weeks ago I was reading on the Modern Muzzleloader Forum for a total different reason and ran into some newer post about the pistol.
Seems like CVA makes them only for MUZZLE-LOADERS.COM! The stainless ones are usually in stock or soon will be and they have some camo ones you have to wait list for.
I ordered another stainless like I had before except $150 more expensive now that we have to pay tax on internet orders. It still looks good and feels good, I hope to shoot it in the next week or so. I had a Red Dot so I just installed it rather than buying a scope. I tend to hunt close in anyway.
Looking through old posts here, there was a bunch of us that had them at one time around 2014 or so.
I wonder how many still do or how many were dumb like me.

Attachments

• CVA Optima V2 2023.jpg
    CVA Optima V2 2023.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 35

rosewood

I have been considering the BP pistol for awhile now. I use a CVA Wolf for the week of BP and it would be fun to take one with a BP pistol. Probably a fun range toy to boot.

Rosewood